Banks with lobby coin sorters?

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
So the bank I use as my dump bank has its sorter behind closed doors. Teller takes your coins and runs them thru. So basically no chance at checking the reject tray. Only time anything was pulled was when some nickels got rejected and I noticed the teller put that I had $19.75 in nickels when in fact I had dropped 10 rolls there. She went and found 5 nickels. Should have asked to see them so I know why they were rejected. Oh well I guess, I doubt anything good right? I picked out all the old years. Makes me wonder now what they were. But I'm new at it, next time I'll ask to see them. Maybe even have extra coins of what I'm dumping in case what was rejected turns out to be something I skipped over, then just swap them with the teller.

What banks have sorters in the lobby? I'd be interested in using those just for a chance to check reject trays. I could be missing out since my banks machine is in the back. And how does it work, you run them thru and it gives you a total on a slip or something, any rejects go in the slot.

Upvote 0

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner and I dump at TCF Bank (the customer first) They have a lobby machine with no bags, all the coins drop in to big metal container on wheels, about two feet square. You take the slip to the counter and get your cash. You can check the reject slot any time you want. I do not believe there is a magnet on the machine. I am pretty sure it rejects silver as I once missed two 40% ). Most of the time the machine just goofs up and I send them back through.

Gordon and Tanner
Keep on Searching

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Just tell the tellers you are a coin collector and collect world coins and if they could check the magnet for you. Most banks will just throw the coins in the trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread