Bar Stool

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet some wild stories were told around this bar stool. B116A195-6467-4A79-961F-CAB53BEFC8D3.jpeg:skullflag:

His stools are made of gold now

And big diamond necklaces I forgot

My stools don't look anything like Mel's!! LOL! :laughing9:

Is that in Cap't Tony's bar? I seem to remember that and other famous Key West names on bar stools there. I met Cap't Tony several times when he was alive & hanging out at the bar. He said he won his last mayors election by 36 votes....all hookers! I would venture into Key West back in the day when it was too windy to go offshore. Never a dull moment!

Yes! Capt. Tony’s Saloon The tree in the bar is the original hanging tree in KW. The building was also the morgue at one time. Here is a pix of the tombstone where a person in buried under the floor where the pool table is locatedF0951D6F-958E-48F8-A4E4-23CD2E12415A.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, Capt.Tony’s. Had some wild times there in my younger years also. Old Key West at its best.

My wife & my buddy's wife bought a Tee shirt from Cap't Tony. He was behind the counter in the bars souvenir spot. He asked if they wanted them autographed? He made them go into the rest room & put them on then he signed them with a sharpie right on their breasts! He laughed the whole time! Good times.

He stole my dream lol but he paid a big price didnt he lose a Daughter and other Family members in his quest would that be worth the gold I wonder if he would give it all back for them just a crazy thought

Then the state of Florida came in and tried to take it. He paid his dues. One thing I noticed living down here, everywhere there is something worth searching for conveniently for the government of Florida is a Wildlife Refuge, State Park, national seashore, sanctuary, whatever the title to keep you out. They know where everything is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back