Barber and Indian Artifacts

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Returned to the 1870 tree farm house. Used my smaller coil today and found my first Barber dime! It was absolutely beautiful! Dug a few more wheats. Finished the day walking my creek site for Indiana artifacts. It has been challenging because the fields are no till. I found a reworked point (I think) and a tail to a point. I picked up my youngest daughter (12) and took her back to walk the fields. She is a rock hound and has a good eye. She asked me where I found my point and within thirty minutes the little squirt found a full point with just a small chigger bite on the tip! Great day all in all!
IMG_5434.JPG IMG_5437.JPG IMG_5455.JPG IMG_5456.JPG IMG_5457.JPG IMG_5458.JPG IMG_5459.JPG IMG_5460.JPG IMG_5461.JPG IMG_5462.JPG

Upvote 10

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking dime, and a big congrats to your daughter. Love it when the little ones find something good.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple of thousand years worth of artifacts and relics is a great hunt any day. Congrats to you and your daughter! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Blueblood

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! I am curious what period those points are from. I am very new at Indian artifact hunting. In fact, just in the last year. I would't have started but the home owner of one of my detecting sites said I could look for them. I thought, what the heck. Now, it's just as much of an addiction as detecting!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man id love to find 1 point! you killed it out there and that's a sweet barber too!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking stuff, nice silver and the points are very cool.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice variety of things. The 1908-O Liberty coin, could be a $40+ coin if it grades well.

OP
OP
Blueblood

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking stuff, nice silver and the points are very cool.

Thanks John! I didn't catch the mint mark mark until later that turned out to be new to me. The history behind the New Orleans Mint is very interesting. It closed in 1909, the year after the minting of this coin. The "O" was the lowest of the ten cent pieces that year also!

OP
OP
Blueblood

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I figured the period out for the points. Adena Culture during the Early Woodland Peoples. Adena culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Make sense looking at other Adena points from Indiana and the fact I am located in the outlined area of indiana shown on the map in the link. If so, that places the date in the 1000 to 200 BC range. But, I may be way off.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the arrow heads

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I figured the period out for the points. Adena Culture during the Early Woodland Peoples. Adena culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Make sense looking at other Adena points from Indiana and the fact I am located in the outlined area of indiana shown on the map in the link. If so, that places the date in the 1000 to 200 BC range. But, I may be way off.

I would recommend the Overstreet Guide Identification and Price to Arrowhead Points. You can find it on Amazon. An slightly older guide works just as well and you can save a little.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread