barber and merc scored in the forest by the lake.

krazyglue

Jul 16, 2005
portage,in

Attachments

• Imag000100.jpg
    Imag000100.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 363
  • Imag000101.jpg
    Imag000101.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! WTG!! HH

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And I guarantee it won't be your last...Excellent find's...HH!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Welcome. Successful post too. Just got learn to focus with that camera. ;) Does the camera have a macro or close up feature? If so use that for pictures and lots of light. A 250 Watt Halogen light works well. You might need it with the finds you have - most likely there are more than those two coins. Those are two great finds. Anyway, great job and keep them coming.

Mirage

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice silver.

HH Jer

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana
HEHEHEHEHE, we got that camera working!!! Want to say thanks again for taking me out to the woods, whata day!!!

For those that replied as I dont know if krazyglue is going to be back online today.

#1 1908 barber, 1920 merc he also dug a 1911 wheatie and a silver war nickle, awesome finds!!!!

The camera, it has close up, in fact that is what we were using but just had to mess around with the lighting after the post to get it REALLY clear!! I think I got him hooked on posting his finds!! As these are BY FAR not his only!! hehehehehe I just wanted him to get a camera loaded on his PC to post pics as I know many of us love to come in here and browse the finds.

HH all

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Krazy,

those are some nice coins.

Silver is always nice.

Hope to see more photos of your finds.

have a good un...........

L

Larry(IN)

Way to go Pat!! Looks like I missed out on another good day by the lake :( You know how it goes with the family stuff! I am glad to see the place is still producing!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, & Welcome to the forum...
Great digs, WTG!!!
Can't beat the weather for this time of year, it's nice to be able to get out in January...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
krazyglue

krazyglue

Jul 16, 2005
portage,in
Hey, thanks for all the nice replys from you TH'ers. I'm not one to post too much, but I will attempt to improve my ways. I do enjoy all the posts and pictures on this site and am usually on the site at least once every one or two days looking over things. My friend Lionhrt9 gave me his old camera and set it up for me on the computer.His youthfull enthusiasm overpowered my old fashioned stubborness, so now I have to figure out how to take clear pictures with this fancy camera, ( i'm still using the the old flash bulb type ). I'll try all the helpfull suggestions that were given to me and post some interesting finds from the past. Looking at everyones finds is a real pleasure. Forgive me if I don't post alot because I'm really slow on the computer typing and figuring things out.
I'll take a chance ( don't know if one can mention brand of detector used on the site ). The merc was at 6" deep and the Barber at 3" deep. Most of the coins and artifacts found at our secluded site are 3 to 5 inches. My friends ( Lionhrt9, Larry F/In, Silversniffer,Pinball,and Alabama ), and I are fortunate to be the ones to detect untouched ground. I am swinging an MXT in the relic mode, discrim. at just under 3 and watching the numbers closely along with depth readings.
Till the next time---------------------good hunting always.

D

Deadshot

Great stuff Krazy. I look forward to you learning that camera and posting some more awsome finds

Deadshot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread