What's new

Barber and Mercs. Quick hunt Tuesday

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to a spot that has produced fairly consistently. Lots of iron but found a few gems. These silver coins put my coin count to 139, but more importantly I had some fun.

1900 Barber dime
1944 & 1945 Mercs ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438772299.656123.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438772348.719420.webp

Also just found out last night I finally got board approval for an untouched 1705 site. I'm very excited and hopefully can find some nice goodies to share.

Steve
 
Upvote 36
If you swap the Barber for a Rosie, you've found 75% of my ytd silvers! Now I am sad...
 
Congratulations on the silver Scrappy. Nice looking barber. Good luck on your new permission, should be some interesting finds there.
 
Sweet!!

I'd take a 3 day silver any day, Sweet!!

Heck, who am I kidding, I'd take a single day silver any day. Lol

Good Luck on that 1705 site!! I know that's the stuff you live for.
 
Congrats Scrappy!

You have almost 100 more silvers than I do YTD. That's just mind boggling...

Very well done, as usual.
 
If you swap the Barber for a Rosie, you've found 75% of my ytd silvers! Now I am sad...

Thx bud. Well I keep saying you need to make a trip over to my area. I can probably boost your silver count a little. Maybe you'll even find one of those fancy nickels...what do we call them? ....oh, ID nickels! Lol
 
Sweet!!

I'd take a 3 day silver any day, Sweet!!

Heck, who am I kidding, I'd take a single day silver any day. Lol

Good Luck on that 1705 site!! I know that's the stuff you live for.

That CTX will be sniffin' silver outta of places you never thought so a three silver day will take on a whole different meaning lol. It eventually got to the point where I had to revisit all of my old spots and scored more silver coins at every one.
 
Man you are killing that Silver with your CTX. you are your own Silver Mafia
 
Just 139? That stinks lol, you've got me by 90!!
Good job on the silver!
 
Great silver year, with lots of time left :occasion14:
 
That CTX will be sniffin' silver outta of places you never thought so a three silver day will take on a whole different meaning lol. It eventually got to the point where I had to revisit all of my old spots and scored more silver coins at every one.

That already happened in our own yard finding 4 silvers we missed with the other detectors and the silver ring in the neighbors yard.
 
Man you are killing that Silver with your CTX. you are your own Silver Mafia

Lol. I'm after that silver with a vengeance! Actually I found these Mercs when I was really searching for deep old coppers.
 
Just 139? That stinks lol, you've got me by 90!!
Good job on the silver!

Yes, but you have an older silver than me this year. It's going to be difficult beating your 1728. U got me by 44 years since my oldest silver this year is a 1772.

Although I did pull a 1695 William 3rd copper this year;)
 
Man you found more silver then a silversmith this year..
Nice finds Steve..
 
Nice! All three have good detail! Congrats!
Congrats on your new permission, we are dusting off the Banner for ya!

So far my only silver for the year is jewelry, no coins.
 
Gratz on more silver!
 
Yes, but you have an older silver than me this year. It's going to be difficult beating your 1728. U got me by 44 years since my oldest silver this year is a 1772.

Although I did pull a 1695 William 3rd copper this year;)

Thanks brother, since my goal of 100 silver is looking like an impossibility I'm trying to go more with quality over quantity, thanks to good Ole vino I popped that1728. Had a few good firsts this year as well, my oldest copper is my 1722 french 9 deniers
 
The silver King! Nice finds.
 
Nothing beats a handful of silver dimes. This is how empires begin.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom