What's new

Barber Dime

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
2,357
Reaction score
8,506
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
I recently got a Minelab etrac, and have been having hard time learning how to use it. I haven't had a detector for a long time, and had used Whites and Fisher in the past. Anyway, here is the first silver coin I have found with it. Found at a home built in 1904. I got permission to hunt it, and found this about 3" deep at the edge of the gravel driveway. I didn't scratch it. I'm sure it was because it was in the gravel.
 

Attachments

  • 006777.webp
    006777.webp
    200.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 00333.webp
    00333.webp
    198.1 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 48
Great Barber! You'll love the e-trac. Get the smaller coil and things will really pop out of the ground! :icon_thumright:
 
Thanks, I was using a six inch coil when I found this. Don't understand this old home site. I'm getting the hang of this machine, and found this dime, and a pocket full of clad coins, but nothing in between. Not even a wheat cent....I went back and hunted it again with the larger coil hoping to get more depth, but just found more clad that I had missed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom