grasshopper
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 13, 2007
- Messages
- 1,931
- Reaction score
- 3,165
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Upstate NY
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus/Deus 2
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Was up at the lake house starting to shut things down for the winter. The water in our bay drops way down this time of year, so i decided to head out on the "beach" to do some detecting. These houses on the lake were built in the 1920s, but there are some older houses in the vicinity.
First day i was able to find the 1905 Barber Quarter as well as the (headless) horse toy.
Second day I moved to a new area with more gravel and thick clay. I must have stumbled into an old pocket, because i started finding shoe buckle fragments (pictured) as well as a tombac button and a musket ball. As I was calling it quits, i got a nice 90's signal on the D2 and pulled out this KGIII!!
To say i was surprised would be an understatement. Will be back to finally close everything down in the coming weeks, the water will probably be even lower! Happy Hunting!
First day i was able to find the 1905 Barber Quarter as well as the (headless) horse toy.
Second day I moved to a new area with more gravel and thick clay. I must have stumbled into an old pocket, because i started finding shoe buckle fragments (pictured) as well as a tombac button and a musket ball. As I was calling it quits, i got a nice 90's signal on the D2 and pulled out this KGIII!!
To say i was surprised would be an understatement. Will be back to finally close everything down in the coming weeks, the water will probably be even lower! Happy Hunting!
Attachments
Upvote
8








