What's new

Barber Shear Guard...Overall Buckle....Hmmmmmm

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
2,240
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I hit a 1900's home and found this in the front yard. It says Patent Date 1912. Do you think this is some kinda overall buckle or maybe a guard for some kinda trimmer or shear?

It is just about the size of an overall buckle and has a pivoting "door type guard on the back. It says Made in Brooklyn NY USA on the other side.


Thanks
Baldingboy
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0222.webp
    DSC_0222.webp
    69 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC_0222.webp
    DSC_0222.webp
    69 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC_0222.webp
    DSC_0222.webp
    69 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC_0222.webp
    DSC_0222.webp
    69 KB · Views: 320
No problem....found a few of them myself is how I knew.
 
Upvote 0
Great find, BB! 72 is quick on the draw :laughing7:; as soon as I saw it I recognized the name and what it was.

:wink: RR
 
Upvote 0
Nice.....I found one identical. Dated 1912...The same yard produced a Barber Half dated 1912.....Go find yours now...LOL...jgas
 
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
No problem....found a few of them myself is how I knew.
I used a few of them myself lol. That was before plastic disposables.

I still have one in my medicine cabinet. Mines a Gillette. If you have an old medicine cabinet, you will see a slot to dispose of the old razor blades.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-036S.webp
    MVC-036S.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0
mastereagle22 said:
I told BB that but he just blew me off. Geesh! >:( ;D


I want to go on record that he NEVER said that.
He always says..."Yeah, that's what I thought that was....remember, I told you that."
OK, maybe he has called it right a few times......but not ALWAYS as he would have you believe. :P
 
Upvote 0
Baldingboy said:
mastereagle22 said:
I told BB that but he just blew me off. Geesh! >:( ;D


I want to go on record that he NEVER said that.
He always says..."Yeah, that's what I thought that was....remember, I told you that."
OK, maybe he has called it right a few times......but not ALWAYS as he would have you believe. :P

Actually I DID tell you that but between staring at certain female employees and lying to Stan you didn't hear me you kept telling him it was a suspender clip. I said it looked like the razor of my granfather's my mom had and you just ignored me and kept on going. You were still pretty mad at me for not going so I can understand why you want to assassinate what little character I have left......
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom