What's new

Barr notes found in circulation

PullTabPete

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
836
Reaction score
938
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know that people thought the Joseph Barr dollars would be valuable one day and hoarded then back in the late 60's. I was looking at the singles in my wallet yesterday and noticed I had these 3 Barr notes. So someone must have spent a relatives hoard. One is pretty crisp, the others aren't as pristine.

Barr_notes.webp

Sadly - I'll probably keep them out of circulation myself since I collect stuff and it is only $3

Thanks for looking,

Pete
 
For those of use clueless, explain a bar note. Thanks
 
For those of use clueless, explain a bar note. Thanks

Joseph Barr was Treasury Secretary for only 21 days and his signature only appeared only on the $1 bill.
 
When I was in high school back then 60's my mother was able to convince the bank teller out of 25 crisp new Barr notes in serial # sequence, YES I still have them.
 
Christmas season is a good time to closely watch your change.
 
My Barrs have been kept flat in a book, new, no folds since the day I got them. Now it's just a matter to find them to take pics for you non-believers.
 
Christmas season is a good time to closely watch your change.

Good idea. Some desperate, out of work folks might spend their old money that they think is of little value.
 
About 4 or 5 months ago, I found a Barr star note in circulation. Not in the best of shape, but still a pretty neat circulation find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom