Greenie
Sep 20, 2012
tunisie
Detector(s) used
exp 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello mdog,

Signs North Africa is very old and so far not all well known and there are new codes also there are signs Numidian and there are signs Carthaginian, Roman, Byzantine and Turkish and German also
The oldest signs are Carthaginian and is shared with several signs for several peoples have a different culture

These are some pictures of the signs found in Tunisia and these same labels found in the rest of the countries of North Africa

View attachment 687390 View attachment 687391 View attachment 687393 View attachment 687394 View attachment 687395 View attachment 687396 View attachment 687397 View attachment 687398 View attachment 687399 View attachment 687400 View attachment 687401
View attachment 687430

=========================================================================

For Brands Such images label months and is found in almost every coastal countries and mostly be on the same figure for I be carved on rocks of the mountains interview of the Sea significantly and this version mini and is indicating places store the goods and be of such stores undergroundand a very large

View attachment 687449 View attachment 687450 View attachment 687451

================================================

The most famous sacred symbols which are related to commercial transactions, there turtle code 00 there is a big wild turtle be carved on a rock and is referring to the wild trade routes and there is a large marine turtle and refers to the maritime trade and we have this code in the coastal places

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks Tchalinjar,

That is some very interesting information. It makes good sense that the traders could see the markers from the sea. I also thought the explanation about the turtles defining two types of trails was very interesting. Trail markers in the United States also use animals to show distance. That's been my experience anyway.

I clicked on your attachments and they kept taking me to links about United States treasure related information. I hope you post the pictures that you describe. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Thanks again.
Rick

OP
OP
T

tchalinjar

Greenie
Sep 20, 2012
tunisie
Detector(s) used
exp 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thank you Tchalinjar for taking the time to show us so many symbols. I hope you keep sharing your information with us.

I have a question for you about one of the symbols. On page 21 there is a symbol of a cross that is similar to a Christian cross. The definition of the symbol is, closed tunnel or cave or wasted entrance. This is an ancient symbol that has been used long before Jesus was born. I've seen drawings of it on Phoenician coins being held by Astarte. Was this symbol used in North Africa to show hidden mines? Do you know the origin of the symbol?

Thank you.
Rick

OP
OP
T

tchalinjar

Greenie
Sep 20, 2012
tunisie
Detector(s) used
exp 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome , Rick

Of course I will continue to exchange information Vmalk pleasure

Cross symbol by my him during the years originated in five thousand years BC Cross sir Christ and the cross old you used Astarte different and I was a Monday holy, Cross sir Jesus history we all know either cross the old to the one who used it Astarte was used by Pharaohs also and symbol of the cross andsymbol of the sun have the same concept and the same holiness in the era of Pharaohs and had used it Phoenicians also because they have almost the same culture with the Greeks and the Greeks transfer that culture of the Pharaohs Babylon also used the cross for our ancient manuscripts Crdoajia talking about Cross and say that we guard eternal life and nowith complex astrological calculations and geometric shapes such as triangle and all decrees inside the sun all we know now on the Cross that its origin back to the Sumerian civilization upside down then evolution has become so in its current form

0237-4tchalinjar.gif

0237-21.jpg

240099607.jpg
This is a Roman cross Tunis refers to the cemetery close to where this symbol when it is like this is always a rocky place map and not just a reference

1334925416322.jpg
Astarte Cross and swastika

images2.jpeg

This stone contains symbols indicate royal tomb found in Iraq
Swastika is contained within these signals world's oldest signals

Wish you Evening fun 00 if you have another question I am in the service:occasion14:

tchalinjar

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks Tchalinjar for the information about the ancient use of the cross symbol. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Tchalinjar,

I have another question for you. I've read that the ancient Phoenicians knew how to determine latitude. Have you ever seen any examples of Phoenician instruments of navigation that would help them determine latitude?

Thank you.
Rick

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is my understanding that the cross used by the Romans in crucifixions was in the shape of a "T" and did not have the extended, vertical post as used in all Christian crosses. Does anyone know when and by whom the extended cross was first used??

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Shortstack,

Here's a link that shows the extended cross being held by Astarte on Phoenician coins, page 62.

Watson's Jeffersonian Magazine - Google Books

What I'm wondering is was the extended cross some type of navigational instrument used by the ancients. Here's another link that expands on that.

World Mysteries - Strange Artifacts, Celtic Cross - by Crichton Miller

The one coin shows Astarte with a cross standing on the front of a ship pointing the way. Maybe if the cross was a navigational instrument, the people who knew how to use it would be held in high regard by those who didn't.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
This picture was taken in Iowa and shows an extended cross. There was a lot of prehistoric activity in this area from about 200 BC to 400 AD. I've been exploring the possibility that ancient Americans knew how to determine latitude.

500.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog:
Perhaps this is what was being represented on that coin:

• Astrolabe. The astrolabe of Hipparchus is consider*ed to be one of the best known of the measuring instruments that have come down from ancient times. It was developed sometime in 140 B.C., and further improved by Ptolemy. The instrument had a metal circle with a pointer hinged at its center and held by a ring at the top, and a cross staff, a wooden rod about 1.25 meters long with an adjustable cross arm at right angles to it. The known length of the arms of the cross staff allow distances and angles to be determined by proportion. It was originally designed for determining the altitude of stars.

Here is the website where I found this. Also, look at the Roman Groma and the Chaldean Merchet.
http://surveytypes.blogspot.com/2008/01/surveying-instruments-were-developed.html

MAYBE the cross on the coin was the base of an Astrolabe. :icon_scratch: Maybe the coin maker couldn't do really detailed work and chose to not show all of the equipment.

EDIT: I just paged through the book De Re Metallica and found no woodcut of anyone using a cross stick for sighting, so I removed my statement on that.

There is one more idea for that cross stick on the coin......a T-Square was used by navigators, surveyors, and builders in their work. PLUS, isn't one a part of the Masonic symbol??

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog:
Perhaps this is what was being represented on that coin:

• Astrolabe. The astrolabe of Hipparchus is consider*ed to be one of the best known of the measuring instruments that have come down from ancient times. It was developed sometime in 140 B.C., and further improved by Ptolemy. The instrument had a metal circle with a pointer hinged at its center and held by a ring at the top, and a cross staff, a wooden rod about 1.25 meters long with an adjustable cross arm at right angles to it. The known length of the arms of the cross staff allow distances and angles to be determined by proportion. It was originally designed for determining the altitude of stars.

Here is the website where I found this. Also, look at the Roman Groma and the Chaldean Merchet.
Elementary Surveying: DEVELOPMENT OF SURVEYING INSTRUMENT

MAYBE the cross on the coin was the base of an Astrolabe. :icon_scratch: Maybe the coin maker couldn't do really detailed work and chose to not show all of the equipment.

EDIT: I just paged through the book De Re Metallica and found no woodcut of anyone using a cross stick for sighting, so I removed my statement on that.

There is one more idea for that cross stick on the coin......a T-Square was used by navigators, surveyors, and builders in their work. PLUS, isn't one a part of the Masonic symbol??

Shortstack,

I also think the cross in Astarte's hand might represent the "cross staff" part of the astrolabe. It could be the cross staff came before the astrolabe as a means of determining latitude. As for your idea about the T-square, if you had an astrolabe type instrument, that's being held by a ring, and a T-square under it, you have an ankh. It seems the ancients had a knowledge of astronomy and navigation so maybe those instruments became sacred objects and symbols, and the people who knew how to use them, became the priests.

The Cross Staff

Tchalinjar, what do you think about this theory. How are crosses used as ancient trailmarkers in Tunisia? From the symbols you posted, it seems they are used to show direction, but have you ever seen them combined with something else to show latitude to a trading destination?

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
...I also think the cross in Astarte's hand might represent the "cross staff" part of the astrolabe. It could be the cross staff came before the astrolabe as a means of determining latitude. ...

Could be a cross staff. It's a simple and fairly accurate sighting device (staff with sliding cross piece, graduated in degrees) used to measure angles. Latitude is the angle between the horizon and the sun at noon, or the angle between the horizon and the north star at night - a very simple measurement. The astrolabe, sextant, etc. are all based on the same principle as the cross staff. Determining latitude has always been easy - the interesting part is how the ancients discovered it.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that's the real mystery. Probably never be known but fun looking. ??? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

There IS an excellent explanation, but the main stream scientific community just doesn't want to believe it enough to follow up on the research.

OP
OP
T

tchalinjar

Greenie
Sep 20, 2012
tunisie
Detector(s) used
exp 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tchalinjar, here's a link that shows an artifact found in one of the pyramids.

Egypt: Cross Staff and Plumbline and the Great Pyramid

At the beginning of your thread, you mentioned the base of the triangle as it relates to treasure hunting in north Africa. Could you please explain how it's used.

Rick

Hello all and sorry for being late is always the answer because I am very busy these days and I can not find the time to listening

For the base of the triangle, my friend, it is not just the base we use only in North Africa but it is a universal rule if I understood you will be able to solve many puzzles and secrets and symbols without evidence

And I really do not care about symbols and signs and treasures All I care about is to unlock the mystery of this triangle 00 and in order to solve the problem must have a talent for analyzing ancient symbols and signs of various kinds
Must solve all the icons in the world in the same way and from where these specifications are available, it holds the key to this rule without feel Booze

Base of the triangle is the base of scientific and spiritual at the same time and the geometry of the triangle is at the ancient Arabs is the king of almost 00 triangle shapes was sacred in all ancient civilizations and when all people 00 to why the triangle? Why not a box or circle? And what is the cord for the one who connects all human beings on this triangle?

Me complete a scientific study on this subject I will translate and send it to you

Unfortunately, the delayed answer
This title sets Balvaaspock is a new competent analysis of the signals in the Arab world

An Arabic language there I can translate for you
To the meeting and I hope that day will be happy

https://www.facebook.com/groups/357361927687388/

tchalinjar

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Tchalinjar,

Do you have any examples of the heart symbol used in ancient North Africa? In your second post you showed a heart inside a round snake carving. I have seen pictures of a heart shape on a coin from Cyrene but I don't think it had the same meaning as a modern heart. And if the heart was a symbol during the Bronze Age, what would the meaning be? I'm trying to find out if the Bronze Age civilizations used the heart as a symbol in the trade networks.

Your thread has really helped me in my research. Thank you very much.
Rick

Alessandro

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab. Safari, CTX 3030, Garret GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mr. charliejr

I have a full library and ancient manuscripts to the symbols of treasures
For type pdf I have a series of books
Choose what you want and send it to you tomorrow in the morning

-1-Handbook Of Treasure Signs And Symbols - The 2007 Second Edition - by Editor and Ebook Creator, Leanne Carson Boyd - Based on the 1980 First Edition by Mary Carson - Signs

-2-Treasure Trove Dreams: Jesse James and the Knights of the Golden Circle: Treasure Signs and Symbols (Part 3

-3-Treasure Signs and Symbols 101

-3-The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine

-4-the legend book of Treasure and signs

If you want another book Put me his name and sent to you:hello:

[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread