baseball cards

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
sports cards are tough.but fun.i recently bought a lot at an auction for around 50 bucks.i could see it had a lot of non sport cards too.there were about 100 vuntage 70s wacky package ,some kiss and other movie cards. the real mistake to avoid is getting excited about sports cards due to age and not paying enough attention to condition or which player. the bucks are in the star cards period. mostly what u find at sales are bulk lots after the star cards have been removed.also condition ,most played with cards have little or no value.40 yrs may seem like a long time ago,but if the card dont have sharp corners forget it.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
packerbacker said:
Goes4ever said:

If I'm not incorrect, USTiger's card was actually a Tiffany branded Topps card, which Topps isued as a parallel set to it's regular issue cards. They're glossy and made on a heavier and cleaner stock than the regular cards, and were produced in much smaller quantities.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S., Your post is inspiring, I bought an entire box of 83, 84, and 85 baseball cards for my grand son for when got older. He never collected baseball cards so the boxes were never opened. Now all I have to do is discover where I packed them away. The cards were Tops.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
OMG!!! now i have to go and dig out the boxes and boxes of cards i got for my son through the 80"s. i have complete sets of tops. was going to wait until winter to pass the time but now i just have to look. found a hologram of the electric chair in a 17 cent pack of cards for the true crime series. at the time(early 80's) it had avalue of 1k as there were only 1000 made

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. I got my grandson baseball boxes in the eighties and he was not interested. But he is on a team. So all I have to do is figure out where I stored them. They are all unopened complete sets of Tops!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
sometimes you can get more money from unopened boxes. but i just cant seem to help myself. so all are opened, but still intact. as time goes on some of the "commons" turn out quite valuable if the player has had a good year. or "GULP" ....died.

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like we would have been better off selling the Mcgwire back when he broke the record. Don't think he's going to make the hall after all with all the performance drug stuff... But, thats the way it goes huh..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread