Batteries

What brand of batteries do you like and why?

• Everready

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Energizer

• Rao Vac

• Total voters

SparklyStuff

Jul 14, 2005
My machine takes 8 AA batteries - I've found that Energizers last longer than Duracell, etc.

Added bonus - I find lots of Energizer coupons in the paper ;D

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought that Eveready and Energizer were one in the same.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
My Minelab uses 8AA batteries. I used to use Energizers and Duracells. Went to the Dollar store and tried their alkalines by Sunbeam. 4 for a buck! Don't see much difference in longevity.

HH 8) surfrat

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Recharables ALL the Time, However I carry DURACELL As backups.

WHY DURACELL ?

Just Personal Prefference.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same as above mine are 9volts bought mine with my clad ive found 3 batts x$9 charger $20=$48 cheaper in the long run for sure!!still buy a duracell once in a while for a backup if i forget to charge mine up or misplace them ::)opps

R

rvbvetter

Duracell probably has the market. But i buy Energizers, to me they last longer. HH

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
surfrat96 said:
My Minelab uses 8AA batteries. I used to use Energizers and Duracells. Went to the Dollar store and tried their alkalines by Sunbeam. 4 for a buck! Don't see much difference in longevity.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH? 8) surfrat

I too used the Dollar Store brand-2 9 volt for $1. The only problem I can find is that when I drop them into the the compartment is that they seem to fit pretty tight and when changing them, I have to tap on the front of the detector pretty hard to get them out whereas Duracell or Energizers just fall out when the door is opened.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Number 1 Those enegizer titaniums work really well. Number 2 Any thing that puts out a volt when I forget to charge my pack.

HH Jeremy

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
My machine runs on 8 AA's, I use rechargeables from Energizer. Got the chrager and 20 batteries for less than 40 bucks. 8 in the machine, 8 back-ups in the Camelbak, 2 in my GPS, and 2 in the digital camera. The chrager will charge 4 at a time in 15 minutes. I had a BADDDD experience with Duracell a couple months ago. Bought 2 packs of eight, put 8 in the machine, and 8 in the Camelbak. Got to the hunting area, turned the machine on... dead. Said a few explicitives, put the other 8 new batteries in... dead. Hiked the hour back to the truck and drove the half hour home.

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Sorry.... I must retract the last post... I went back and looked at the "Stupidest thing you've ever done" post and they were Eveready batteries... not Duracell. >:( >:( >:( Still makes me mad to think about it!!!!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read a report done by a college electronics lab that for an average not heavy duty application Ray O Vac is the best cost per amount of usage time. So I use Ray O Vac. They tested with various items one being a pin pointer. It is funny that no one else uses them. Guess they don't advertise a lot. Second place was Energizer.Llast out of 5 brands was Duracell? Go figure.

Ed

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey dig that makes them ever-deady...lol

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
I use the ones from the dollar store, not only are they cheaper but the more expensive ones are too "hot" for my machine as told to me by the tech at Tesoro.

Metal Head

May 2, 2008
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 , Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Explorer SE
Hate to burst anyones bubble but rayovac has the best $/hour ratio. :icon_scratch:Independent testing has proven it, just search the web.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread