Battery life on discovery 3300

C

cwe

mine will not stop beeping I just got it ..
put in new batteries same thing.

any suggestions?

OP
OP
Blackjack77

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Mine works fine until the batteries drain down. I was only wondering how long average battery life was for other people with the 3300. your problem sounds like a defect from the factory- I'd call them or return it. Also make sure your ground balance is starting at preset first!

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
I have been using mine for 1-2 hours every night and 3-4hours on weekends. I tried to use rechargable(NiCad NOT Nickel Metal) 9 volts but even with a full charge I only got about 1 hour of usable time, after 1 hour I was at one bar battery life and it was not picking up anything past like 2 inches. Standard alkaline I am getting about 12-14 hours before I get to 1 bar. I got the most use out of 2 duracell ultra life from odd lots 2 pack for 3.99. I got 20-24 hours total use from those till I got to 1 bar. I used it at 1 bar for about 3-4 hours and I could tell I was losing depth and the pinpointer was sounding bad. I did put some put some 2 for dollar batteries in once I got about 5-6 hours use before I was at 1 bar.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I buy all my batteries at the dollar store for this very reason. I get two 9 volts for a buck. I don't care how long they last, its better than 5 bucks for one 9 volt (Duracell). Headphones make a world of difference in battery life as well.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cwe said:

any suggestions?

read the manual..........there is a solution

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cwe said:

any suggestions?
Besides shimming the batteries with a piece of cardboard,try turning down the sensitivity.Are you testing it in the house,or in the yard near power lines or anything?Mine done the same thing inside the house when I first tested it.First it was the batteries.I don't have a problem with loose batteries,the first ones were almost dead so new ones took care of that.Then with new batteries in,it started beeping irratically (inside the house).I simply hit the sensitivity button down one push and it took care of the problem.I got out for an hour on Sunday before the rains came and it performed very well.Compared to the BH Lonestar that I have it was like night and day!I'll post results in the 3300 review post.Hope this helps if not return it if it isn't too late.

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
The 9 volt batteries in a 3300 fit into a tight space and the battery terminals are "suppose" to fit tight against the contacts. The metal tabs can bend and then the batteries are not making a good contact and the 3300 will act crazy since it is not getting enought voltage. You put a bit of cardboard behind the battery to force a better contact against the tab.

P

PostFatal

This may be a silly question but since it uses two 9 volt batteries, is it actually running 18 volts? Also does anyone know an email addy for Bounty Hunter customer service? I'd like to find out about coil calibration. I posted the question in tech talk but no-one has come up with an answer.

B

BIG BAD JOHN

Send the unit and all 3 coils (4", 8", 10") to BH for calibration. It'll improve performance on all coils and the machine will be more stable and more accurate in it's ID abilities. You can get the address for customer service at the BH site. Send a cover letter with the unit to the attention of Maggie Lazo. Super gal and super service. BBJ

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
I found out the charger I was using was no good for NiCad 9 volts, it was suppose to be a 2 hour charger but it only does AA batteries in 2 hours NOT the 9 Volts. My friend told me to leave them in the charger longer. I used them today for little over 2 hours and I was still at 4 bars on the gauge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread