What's new

Batwing buckle? + more

Zachbl92

Full Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
125
Reaction score
187
Golden Thread
0
Location
Quinton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro, Teknetics G2+, Garret AT pinpointer, deteknix xpointer, gray ghost originals
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, have some finds from 2 outtings. Really curious about the age of the buckle. I'm said 1600s maybe early 1700s and I'm super stoked about that. Along with it was a 1897 v nickle and a 1911 barber dime and a flat button from today. Last visit I got 2 musketballs balls. One clearly has a seam and a snip mark. These were found right ontop of a minor rev war battle. Hope they are from the Rev war!
Anyway, thanks for looking and happy hunting
 

Attachments

  • _2.IMG_20161101_163416.webp
    _2.IMG_20161101_163416.webp
    226 KB · Views: 131
  • _2.IMG_20161030_213558.webp
    _2.IMG_20161030_213558.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 20
buckle is likely worth more than the silver :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: that sucker ROCKS :notworthy:
 
Killer buckle find, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Awesome Batwing buckle. Hopefully someone can give you a better idea of its age. I would guess 1700s or older myself but I don't know enough about them. :thumbsup:
 
awesome buckle dude..Nice coins ..
 
Thanks everyone, I knew it was a special find and i was super stoked to find it but I wasn't entirely aware of how cool and awesome it was until now. Thanks for the ID free bird!
 
Great coins but exceptional buckle, congrats!
 
Congrats on some very nice finds
 
Amazing finds!! Stay after that site!!
 
Not a batwing, but 17th C, as already stated above, some think they are spur buckles.
 
Batwing has scalloped edges... no biggie, still a killer little buckle. Nice coins too.

Well done sir!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom