What's new

Be careful out there

billb

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2010
Messages
5,910
Reaction score
14,198
Golden Thread
1
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing this sign I decided to place the detector back in the car ,this was a few months ago when temps were still on the warm side
 

Attachments

  • 6EC7B931-BA35-43AB-A705-3C637AC5FD17.webp
    6EC7B931-BA35-43AB-A705-3C637AC5FD17.webp
    400.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
kind a cold for snakes and your trees look pretty green for mid winter! are you in New York?
 
Last edited:
I need a few of those signs ...Not that rattlers are a problem.
 
ticndig ..thanks for pointing that out,Yes the temps were still mild,over here in NY this area is ground zero for ticks also
 
releventchair,,,Yes I was so so surprised to see this ,I’m sure there are other things to be aware of out there like scorpions in Arizona
 
ConceptualizedNetherlandr..Yes this was awhile ago when temps were mild,My luck would be to be out in the woods and get a snake bite and try to get to a emergency room
 
Also this past summer I was fishing at a NY reservoir on shore in a rocky area,Reeling in a nice fish my line snapped,As I was sitting down replacing the hook a large copperhead snake passed less than one foot away,My message here is just to be cautious when you are out there
 
Also this past summer I was fishing at a NY reservoir on shore in a rocky area,Reeling in a nice fish my line snapped,As I was sitting down replacing the hook a large copperhead snake passed less than one foot away,My message here is just to be cautious when you are out there

Good thing that you're safe.
 
ArielArtifacts,,Hi thanks for stopping and also for the privilege of your time..yes that was a close call,,you just think that it will never happen to you,,Wishing you good health and happiness in this new year,,take care
 
Be Happy. Snakes are great tasting and goes great with cans of beans with beer. They are also free food, you cannot do any better.
 
That sigm would have made my day. I went out 8 times last summer looking for rattlesnakes to photograph and only found one. Im heading to your area this summer!!
 
Many times people will put signs like this out to keep people off of their property. Especially if "No Trespassing" signs aren't working.
 
My rattlesnake. A nice 4 footer.180_4361.webp
 
pa plateau hiker Hi thanks for stopping and for the privilege of your time..You have a great hobby ,,As young kids my uncle was from Troupe Pennsylvania I’m not sure of the correct spelling as we used to climb the large coal piles and get in so much trouble
 
Sod Buster,,Hi thanks also for stopping and for the privilege of your time,,For me I will never find out if that’s the case,as I’m never going back ..take care
 
That would be enough to make me find a different area !
 
Trezurehunter ..Hi thanks for stopping and also for the privilege of your time..I agree I’m not going to find out the hard way..Take care my friend
 
If you encounter a snake quickly look at the head ..if the head is shaped like a arrowhead it is poisonous
 
HIGHSTRUNG. ..hi thanks for stopping here and for the privilege of your time..Yes seeing this sign was enough to tell me to hit the road ..take care
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom