wormhole
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 5, 2004
- Messages
- 37
- Reaction score
- 3
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Lindenhurst, NY
- Detector(s) used
- Whites DFX
- #1
Thread Owner
Headed out yesterday as the temperature in NY was near 60. It was a tad bit overcast and I expected rain. The rain wasn't to be an issue this particular afternoon however. I hit an area that I have hit hard in the past. While doing my thing, I noticed an area of trees that I definitely hadn't hit before. They were a bit further away and closer to the road. Beautiful, statuesque Oaks that I had some how missed in the past. I wish I hadn't spied them yesterday. Most people avoid Poison Oak as it is highly recognizable when it is above ground
. Of course, I had to dig this awesome signal that my DFX was singing. Got down on my knees, dug a nice hole...hit a root. Pulled out my trusty pocket key-hole saw and proceeded to do away with that pesky root. Well..the root got the last laugh as today (in early March), I am covered with poison oak
.
I mean I am a huge Poison Ivy junkie. I usually get it 3 or 4 times a season but poison oak
This early in the dam season? So as a reminder folks..you can get all sorts of nasty's when digging including the many varieties of poison plant oils..either from the plant or the root
. SO WEAR YOUR GLOVES!! And whatever you do, don't touch yourself in that special place. John Holmes would be envious of swollen %&*$.
As to the signal...it was an old Willy's headlight, complete with wire mesh safety cover. *sigh*
. Of course, I had to dig this awesome signal that my DFX was singing. Got down on my knees, dug a nice hole...hit a root. Pulled out my trusty pocket key-hole saw and proceeded to do away with that pesky root. Well..the root got the last laugh as today (in early March), I am covered with poison oak
. I mean I am a huge Poison Ivy junkie. I usually get it 3 or 4 times a season but poison oak
This early in the dam season? So as a reminder folks..you can get all sorts of nasty's when digging including the many varieties of poison plant oils..either from the plant or the root
. SO WEAR YOUR GLOVES!! And whatever you do, don't touch yourself in that special place. John Holmes would be envious of swollen %&*$.As to the signal...it was an old Willy's headlight, complete with wire mesh safety cover. *sigh*
This is an old remedy that my grandmother told me it works on poison ivy, and sumac, turn the water on in the tub until its warm, run your "infected" parts under this warm water while gradually increases the temperature of the hot water,keep running the area under the water until you get the water so hot that you cant stand it. Then pat it dry with a towel don't rub it dry but PAT. I know this sounds crazy but what the hot water does is opens up you pores, and some of the poisen will come out on top, and when you pat it dry it takes it off your skin. Just try it and let me know how it turns out. 






