What's new

Beach 1 as a filter for heavy iron cellar holes

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2016
Messages
4,271
Reaction score
15,142
Golden Thread
2
Location
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent a week at the beach zig zagging between very wet and dry sand. Flipping between Beach 1 and Park 1. I could have just kept it in Beach 1, but I like the clean succinct tones of Park 1 in the dry. Park 1 was too noisy in the wet.

Last night I had 90 minutes free at an old cellar hole in W PA that I have pounded to death. There are a lot of super high iron concentration areas here. I have dropped sensitivity to 15 or 12 with Park 1 and Field2 in the past here. Decided why not run higher sens 21 and try the Beach 1 I used last week to quiet down the iron. I was surprised that I was able to pull 5 or 6 keepers from this pounded spot. Thought I would share this tip.
 
[emoji869]
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom