What's new

beach detecting and ghost signals

swent1

Jr. Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
NH/MASS
Detector(s) used
tesoro deleon whites idx pro
went out detecting down at the beach today with my new deleon and gtfd with his
whites spectrum we were both getting strong consistant silver readings every swing, when we would
dig all we found were clams......is my new tesoro a clam detector and not a metal detector?
the beach was muddy with very black sand about 6" down i was only getting these false readings in the wet sand not in the dryer sand. i have detected beaches just like this one befor with my idx and never
had an issue before. Any one know of a reason for this.

BTW great to be out hunting on Jan 1st in new england we dont get many 50 degree days this time of year
 
Im not sure about how a deleon works but I hunted the beach in North Carolina with my MXT and had that same problem. I was told that if i wanted to hunt dry sand ground balance over the dry sand. But if i wanted to go to the wet sand I had to reground balance. Maybe that will help you.
 
Mineralization!...Black sand is notorious for it,especially when wet.
 
Black sand and Salt are tough on most single Freq detectors.
You can lower Sens but depth will drop with it or try dry sand were most
detectors run well.
 
I get a bunch of silver readings when my battery is low, make sure you have a full charge.
 
Maybe the clams were full of mercury. :P
 
This happen alot with me when I got my new Ecal......Matt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom