Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
5 1/5 hour beach hunt Tuesday , conditions were perfect. one foot negative tide following high winds on sunday night. Only hunted the low pools away from the shore line And found a patch of coins with lots of trash.
had just over 13.00 in clad and found a pair of earrings that look like they might be silver. I’ll look at them once a get them cleaned up.
found the 10k with diamonds first , the stones test real (28 stones total) and weighs 3.55 grams. The small kitty ring came later , it is marked Tkj 610 on the inside with the number2 off to the side. The stones are fake, but the gold holds 14k acid test. It weighs 1.26 grams.
great hunt to start the year, I’ll be back there next Monday and work the area again.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures would be nice.... Do you have a diamond tester that can tell the difference between a real diamond and synthetic Moissanite diamonds, not all diamond testers do?

Just FYI diamond selector 2 is a cheap diamond tester and will not tell the difference between a real diamond and moissanite stones (artificial diamonds.).

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Pictures would be nice.... Do you have a diamond tester that can tell the difference between a real diamond and synthetic Moissanite diamonds, not all diamond testers do?

Just FYI diamond selector 2 is a cheap diamond tester and will not tell the difference between a real diamond and moissanite stones (artificial diamonds.).
I took the ring to a local jewelry store and the said the diamonds were real but that they were poor quality

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Great way to "RING-in" the New Year!

Top Member Reactions