Beach Hunter ID Toggle Switch

dcfrazier said:
Newbie here.
Looking for a little advice. Is the toggle switch when moved to All Metal suppose to stay there. Mine goes right back to Disc.

Thanks for any help.

dc

yes it is, reset is pushing toggle to the right and pops back to disc, all metal is pushing toggle to left and should stay there. Does it stay on right? maybe somehow it got loose and turned?

I had the same problem with mine. Brand new. I sent it for repair and it was returned with the same problem, I then wrote a letter saying that for $850.00 out the door, I wanted a new switch, NOT an adjustment. they replaced the switch with a new one and it has worked fine ever since. Whites I believe is aware of the problem.

In the mean time, use the "rubber band trick". Use a rubber band to hold the switch in place.

HTH

Thanks, but:
No, the toggle works correctly on the reset side, quickly returns. On the All metal side it stays for maybe 1/2 sec. and then goes back. Not good for a detector that's only been used 3 times :( . After messing with it some more, it's obvious that it wants to stay over. I guess I'll just replace it.

Thank you,
dc

dcfrazier said:
Thanks, but:
No, the toggle works correctly on the reset side, quickly returns. On the All metal side it stays for maybe 1/2 sec. and then goes back. Not good for a detector that's only been used 3 times :( . After messing with it some more, it's obvious that it wants to stay over. I guess I'll just replace it.

Thank you,
dc

yea I would if it was new, I live in Florida and called Whites Service Center in Va about doing a coil swap on mine and they told me they have about a week at most turn around time so you should have it back quickly. Shouldn't be messing up but Montauk3 also had the same problem. If you only had it a few weeks and good dealer you got it from maybe they will just swap it out with you. HHs

The switch should stay in the "all metal" mode.

I only hunt in all metal and use the lights to ID my targets!

As for the new Super 12" coil, best upgrade I've done to any detector!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back