Beach hunter ID vs fisher 1280-x

Dirtdiver74

Jun 13, 2008
Gulf of Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea hunter M2
Garrett GTI2500
Fisher 1265x
Hi, after 15 years away from metal detecting, I decided to start again. But I just can't decide which detector to buy. I will do most of my hunting on land, but since I live in a city located in the gulf of Mexico, I don't want to miss the beach hunting, so as the rivers and lakes that surround the city, specially because here in Mexico, there are very few coin or jewelery hunters. And to be honest I cant afford to buy 2 specialized detectors for different environments. and my 15 year old fisher just died on me. too much humidity ruin the circuits.

I have been reading reviews on the Beach hunter ID and the Fisher 1280-x, and of course every company claims to have the best detector for water and land. So I appeal for your knowledge and experience on these detectors. Now, if you recommend another brand or model that's fine with me, i choosed those 2 models since I see they are very popular, I might be wrong.

Budget is around 650 dollars, but can stretch it if its worth it.

Thanks to all in advance.

Paul

of the 2 you mentioned,the BHID would be better.it is a dule freq detector and multi freq detectors work better on salt beach's.the 1280X is built like a tank but will false bad on wet salt sand .the BHID also has tone ID to help choose what to dig. if you can swing the price diff,id go with a CZ21/CZ20 or Excalibur...they are top dog in the water! good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back