Beach hunting and tourist attractions in Georgia ?

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dane,

Georgia is full of tourist attractions. Savannah is a city I would recommend as it is the oldest city in GA and is full of old residences, loads of historic markers, has River Street, Fort Polaski, and Tybee Island is just a few miles east of the city. Tybee and St. Simon's Island are the only two beaches on the GA coast I know you can (could) metal detect on. St. Simons is about 110km south of Savannah. It also has Fort Fredarica (sp). Darien (has Fort King George which was the first English settlement in GA.) about 70km south of Savannah on the way to St. Simon's. There is an interesting museum and the fort has been reconstructed in it's entirety using the original blueprints and cypress lumber.

There may be beach mding near St. Mary's, about 60-80km south of St. Simon's. I'm not sure about distance or if mding is allowed there. All other barrier islands are state/federal/private holdings, and mding is forbidden ~ plus you need a boat to access them.

If you get over this way and run I-95 or US 17 Savannah to St. Simon's, give a heads-up and stop by for some southern hospitality. English, bad German and French spoken here.

Robin

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Robin ...

... very nice and useful info you gave me there !! :thumbsup:

I´m not yet sure if we´ll have the money to make the trip, but I will sure make use of your info if we do.
Thank you very much and maybe we´ll bump into each other "over there" ;D

:hello2:
The Dane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread