Beach hunting in NC?

impul101

Greenie
Jan 23, 2014
Suffolk VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been wondering the same thing, I did find a post from a Deputy Sheriff on beach hunting in NC.

I am a Deputy Sheriff here in NC. Here is the law. All state parks are off limits for using a MD unless you are searching for lost personal property and you must be accompanied by a Ranger to do so. You may in some cases get a permit from the SUPERINTENDENT of the park to MD and then you have to be accompanied by a Ranger. As for National Park Beaches as in south of Kill Devil Hills at MP 21.5 they are Federally protected and will get your MD confiscated and you fined or jailed or both. As I type this Kitty Hawk beaches are closed until further notice from hurricane Sandy. I have spoken to Nags Head PD and south of Kitty Hawk until MP 21.5 is open. Several public access areas are sanded in. North Carolina follows the Federal Law on digging historic items. Also...MD is not allowed on NC beaches that are demeaned a public recreation area from June July and August. Don't ask me I have no clue why. I hope this clears up some confusion. Protecting and serving 24/7!

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm, maybe we'll just go to North Myrtle this year instead of a NC beach.

Thanks for the responses.

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Typical of NC. Here in cumberland County, ALL of the school grounds have been put off limits to everyone not DIRECTLY connected with the school system. Just walk across the grounds anytime and you are subject to arrest. But you still have to pay county taxes for the schools.

Kemosabe

Apr 29, 2009
Crystal Coast of North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
I have been wondering the same thing, I did find a post from a Deputy Sheriff on beach hunting in NC.
Hope that helps.

That's 'state beaches', not public beaches. We hunt NC town public beaches all the time. No problem. Some beach area towns charge for parking, but we're usually out of the area by the time they open up. 8-)
https://www.facebook.com/CAREofNC

chase121698

Jul 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are in Emerald Isle this week where is it ok to hunt on the beaches around here? thanks

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, Wife & I are gonna be south of Nags Head in OBX (July 14, 15, 16, & 17, 2015); been there 2X before & LOVE IT! Wanna look for HAUNTED buried treasure; MOSTLY for the SPOOKY "feel" of it. SHE will only go out in the day-time... ANY "legends", "real-time" SPOOKY experiences, "out there"...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread