Beach hunting tips, please?

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everbody. Going to the beach in a couple weeks and going to try to do a little beach detecting for the first time. I have an ACE 250 and I know that it's not the best machine for the beach but it's what I have. Anyway I have read here before that to hunt in the wet sand you should turn the sensitivity down so I know that much but I was wanting any other tips you guys and gals might offer. Such as the best time to hunt, I'm thinking very early morning before everyone else comes out and maybe at low tide? Also where is the best place to hunt on a beach, typically, if there is a "best" place. Thanks in advance for the advice. Keep diggin' Steve. ;D

Upvote 0
The Goldenolde.com is the best place to start, a ton of great info there for new beach hunters....Read it all, then come back if you have questions and someone will be glad to answer. Reading the Goldenolde saves a ton of typing.......... :wink:

Hi Steve. I'm another newbie and my wife and I both have Ace 250s. We've made a few trips to the beach with them and found that they aren't the best in the wet sand. However, they are lots of fun and do great in the blanket line. The real treasure to us is the thrill of the hunt and just being active in the great outdoors. Remember, its a hobby and not a paying profession and you'll have a great time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Be sure and turn the sensitivity down till they are as stable as possible, it will cut down on the false signals caused by the salt mineralization.

Thanks for your replies and especially for the links to the websites, TBGO. Good information I hope I can put to good use. :thumbsup:

Beep,

Thank you for the webistes and information. I thuroughly read through your two articles, and enjoyed them both. The third link did not work for me for some reason tho.

Thanks,
Anthony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back