cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another long hunt at low tide. Tried two different beaches today with success at both. Not in the photo was a pile of over 50 copper and brass items. Mostly military shrapnel scrap, so, I didn't bother photographing them. As you can see, lots of oddball stuff, one wheat cent too worn to get a date, 4 rings, two of which are silver, 1 copper, one gold plated. Other interesting items are a metal bird skull, a copper gun lighter, a wristwatch bezel, and a 20mm shell casing. This time I did remember to do a before and after cleaning photo of the silver. The ring on the right cleaned up pretty nice. The one on the left is very pitted. I can just barely make out Sterling on the inside, so, it's probably a pretty old ring and had been buried for a long time.

Attachments

• jan28finds.jpg
    jan28finds.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 93
  • jan28silver.jpg
    jan28silver.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 49
  • jan28silver2.jpg
    jan28silver2.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 13

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of fun stuff!! Are you hitting Places that don't get worked a lot, or is the wave action that good? Our beaches here in SC were used for practice by the Air Corp, looks like yours were too.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've had a couple decent storms along with some wind, high surf, and king tides lately, so, some beaches have erosion good enough to find some older stuff. It's kind of hit and miss. Some beaches are good, some are dead. Where I got all the copper and brass is close to a military base where there was target practice and other military activities during WW2 and Korea.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice glad to see that you are getting out keep up the good work..temps are in the twenties and low thirtees and snow in the forecast over here

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of fun stuff!! Are you hitting Places that don't get worked a lot, or is the wave action that good? Our beaches here in SC were used for practice by the Air Corp, looks like yours were too.
lot of people think it was practice - we fired at a lot of Uboats off shore in SC
government hid it from public

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions