What's new

Beach Machine

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to know what is the best, cheapest or lowest cost beach machine you know of made
by a major manufacturer, that is not necessarily designed for the beach but works real good
is small, compact and a basic "Yes/No" machine. (no bells and whistles)
Please don't tell me to go buy a $1500 Minelab Excal, or a $1000 Whites Surfmaster or something.

This is really asking about everyone who has ever walked a SALT WATER beach, in the wet sand
and what machines worked good for them in these areas.

Machines that were cheap, but sensitive, and did not make lots of noise in the wet sand.

I am interested in finding something that is Basic, and inexpensive
that I can travel with International,
that if some local police decides they like it better than me, I won't get my feelings hurt.

But can find gold in the low tide area without having to descrim out all the small items to get rid of
the salt feedback.

Machines with permanent headphones are out.... I don't want those heavy things on my head
all day....

Any Machines are possible under $300, any basic unit that you have used in Salt water sand
that performed well and did not give a lot of feedback and can be gotten cheaply.

All replies welcome
Richard
 
Upvote 0
TORRERO said:
I want to know what is the best, cheapest or lowest cost beach machine you know of made
by a major manufacturer, that is not necessarily designed for the beach but works real good
is small, compact and a basic "Yes/No" machine. (no bells and whistles)
Please don't tell me to go buy a $1500 Minelab Excal, or a $1000 Whites Surfmaster or something.

This is really asking about everyone who has ever walked a SALT WATER beach, in the wet sand
and what machines worked good for them in these areas.

Machines that were cheap, but sensitive, and did not make lots of noise in the wet sand.

I am interested in finding something that is Basic, and inexpensive
that I can travel with International,
that if some local police decides they like it better than me, I won't get my feelings hurt.

But can find gold in the low tide area without having to descrim out all the small items to get rid of
the salt feedback.

Machines with permanent headphones are out.... I don't want those heavy things on my head
all day....

Any Machines are possible under $300, any basic unit that you have used in Salt water sand
that performed well and did not give a lot of feedback and can be gotten cheaply.

All replies welcome
Richard

Cheap pulse induction machine. Not sure of the performance of this one (bottom unit):

http://www.treasurehunteronline.com/underwaterdetectors.html

But it fits your budget.

As for the permanent headphones, i sometimes put mine around my neck and just crank up the volume so I can still hear the signal. I have seen these on ebay for $250 BIN.
 
Not sure why you are concerned about taking a machine someplace and have the
police there take it away from you. True there are places in the world that have laws
about where you can or can not use them and some places require you register them
when you bring it into there country ( Greece is one, plus you have to have the police
or other kind of official looking over your shoulder while you are digging by permit only ).
You need to find out in advance the laws about there use before you take it into any
country to avoid a problem. Americans have a knack for getting into trouble when
they travel because they THINK they can do anything they want and that they are
above the law in other country's. Always remember that you are a guest in that country
and act that way! There are lots of places I would love to go to and detect but I know
I can't due to there laws so I have to just write them off and look where it is permitted.
I have never had a problem taking or using a detector any place yet and if you follow
that country's rules you should not have any problem ether. My dad used to tell me
" Make Sure Your Right Then Go Ahead "
Have A Good Trip
And
Happy Hunting
 
TORRERO said:
Everyones answers are good, not a problem with them.
I love my DFX on the beach and have found many nice things with it.
But it is big and bulky, and hard to pack in a bag as it does not break down so easy.
As for me asking this again, well maybe I did not Fraze the question right (I think) ... I don't know.

I am trying to do...
Sorry if some of y'all are offended.....

if you like the DFX try a beach hunter ID it is suppose to be a water proof DFX
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom