What's new

OMG Metal Detector Near Disaster

LawrencetheMDer

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
2,979
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio and Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore w M8, M11 and M15 coils, , Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was hunting wet sand with my Manti and M15 coil when I can across a target at VID of 32; sure to be a pull tab. Even worse! I uncovered this cheap charm bracelet that contained 10 metal charms and 50 small metal wire loops, like the kind you would use for keys but much much smaller – about a ¼” diameter each. Even worse, the charm bracelet was held together by a rubber band – a thin stretchable band! And the band was pretty worn out. Imagine this piece of crap polluting the water line with 60 small metal pieces of pure junk! Disaster avoided.

Just returned from another beach hunt and found 2 more of these little metal pieces (next to cent for size comparison); looks like parts of one of those bracelets I discussed above. I find at least 2-3 of these each time I hunt this beach dry sand. Not sure if I could recover one of these little metal loops in the water, one of those targets that keeps passing through the scoop.

Happy Hunting
 

Attachments

  • 20260319_140711.webp
    20260319_140711.webp
    678 KB · Views: 100
  • 20260319_141230.webp
    20260319_141230.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
  • 20260320_155647.webp
    20260320_155647.webp
    525.6 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 1
I was hunting wet sand with my Manti and M15 coil when I can across a target at VID of 32; sure to be a pull tab. Even worse! I uncovered this cheap charm bracelet that contained 10 metal charms and 50 small metal wire loops, like the kind you would use for keys but much much smaller – about a ¼” diameter each. Even worse, the charm bracelet was held together by a rubber band – a thin stretchable band! And the band was pretty worn out. Imagine this piece of crap polluting the water line with 60 small metal pieces of pure junk! Disaster avoided.

Just returned from another beach hunt and found 2 more of these little metal pieces (next to cent for size comparison); looks like parts of one of those bracelets I discussed above. I find at least 2-3 of these each time I hunt this beach dry sand. Not sure if I could recover one of these little metal loops in the water, one of those targets that keeps passing through the scoop.

Happy Hunting
Whew, that was a close call. Glad you came away OK from that near disaster Lawrence. :laughing7:
 
No clue if you could possibly find the chick who lost the bracelet, but that looks like the sort of thing an AA participant might put together with milestones like days weeks etc. Would be important for them to get it back. Is placing a lost and fond notice possible?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom