What's new

Beach Metal Detecting

jhen999

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
293
Reaction score
232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been metal detecting for a lot of years on and off, and have never done any beach metal detecting..what I am wondering is being sand do the targets get deeper in the sand faster, like if someone loses a ring does it stay on the top 2 or 3 inchs say for 2 or 3 weeks or does it works it way down deeper faster, like coins in a park might take 3 to 5 years to be 3 or 4 inchs deep.....being sand I would think it would work its way down pretty fast, so if your beach hunting you have to be there not to long after something is lost ???..Thanks
 
Last edited:
yup you are right.I would focus on youtube videos of beach hunting,lots of good tips

good luck
 
If you work the waters edge, shallow objects can be found easy. After a good storm the stuff higher on the beach can be reached easy because the sand is stripped down a bit.
 
Hi; It also depends if the beach is rocky or if there is not a lot of sand covering the clay bottom. Items will only sink to the point of most resistance. That is why most guys search the low tide areas. Also most stuff tends to wash down to the water line over time. Look arund for any depressions in the sand as well. They are called CUTS ok. Good Luck. Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:
 
The beach has it's own story! The sea constantly moves targets in and out. I have found fairly new Euros 3+ inches down and an old Dutch coin on the surface. I have found diamond rings 10" down and wedding bands within a couple of inches. I have found a boat anchor 4' down and the boat was below it. I have found a camera lens and barrel and parts of a transmitter 8' down in the cut of a beach. I guess it was from WW2. You never know on the beach.
Frank...- 111-1 profile.webpcoins_0011 1euro_edited-1.webpsandy 2012-1.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom