What's new

Beach mode

medicstone1982

Greenie
Joined
Aug 16, 2014
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heading to Ormond Beach in fl next month. Any experienced beach hunters have any tips for a beach noobie
 
Upvote 0
Hunt the sand in a direct line from beach entrances to the water.
Hunt the towel line.
Hunt the wet sand at low tide from the water to the high tide line in an "s" pattern until you find "good" targets.
Hunt in knee to thigh deep water at low tide.
GL and HH
 
My experience with Ormond was that there wasn't much to find when I was there a year ago. I detected from the north end of Ormond to the north end of Daytona and found less than $1 a mile! No jewelry but I did find a cremation tag in the water. Not much junk either. The sand was very fine. Most areas the sand was very hard but a few spots were fairly soft. Conditions change all the time though, so, good luck! What detector are you going to use?
 
Thanks for the good advice. .. I'll post some pics of what I find. It will be good to Get out of my usual hunting element
 
I just ordered a coin Master gt to replace the 505 I've been using
 
I'm anxious to try out the beach mode
 
Don't expect much in the wet sand or water. You need a PI machine or multifrequency VLF for that kind of hunting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom