What's new

Beachcombing Barshot!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little Patrick and I were beachcombing when I spotted this! I knew it was part of a cannonball but was very pleased to find that it's actually part of a barshot! Who needs a metal detector.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160612_114133_edit.webp
    IMG_20160612_114133_edit.webp
    501.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20160612_114139_edit.webp
    IMG_20160612_114139_edit.webp
    476.5 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 14
Very cool! I never would have had a clue what that was
 
I found another half a few years ago...and here is a picture pulled from the web...



Very cool! I never would have had a clue what that was
 

Attachments

  • RevWarBarShot1L.webp
    RevWarBarShot1L.webp
    17 KB · Views: 125
I was pretty stoked when I saw the square socket. At first I thought it was either part of a cannonball or mortar frag...which I have found plenty of but only one other piece of barshot!

I also eyeballed this insulator in a tide pool on the way out.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160612_121756_edit.webp
    IMG_20160612_121756_edit.webp
    104.3 KB · Views: 100
Pretty nice and unique find there. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom