What's new

Bead or Fossil?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
The creek I have been finding fossils in has some of these in it. They come in various sizes. They are hard like a rock if you tap them on your teeth and they have holes running through the middle like a bead would but I have no clue as to what they are. You can see a pattern of lines in them. Any ideas? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 292
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    30 KB · Views: 313
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 299
I used to have a shoe box of those I picked up in Nevada when I was a kid.I cant remember what I was told they were,but they were fossils.Cool find Feline!!
 
Upvote 0
Oh that's great!!! I wonder if I should go and get more. There are quite a few of them in the creek. I love fossils ;D
 
Upvote 0
Crinoid stem (Fossil)

Fossis...........
 
Upvote 0
Crinoid stem most likely. Fossil
 
Upvote 0
I'm gonna get me a bunch of the little hollow ones and make a beaded necklace. I'll never wear it but what the heck :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0
That is weird, I picked up one of those up yesterday. Kept it a little awhile, realised it was a fossil & chucked it.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
That is weird, I picked up one of those up yesterday. Kept it a little awhile, realised it was a fossil & chucked it.
:o :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
That is weird, I picked up one of those up yesterday. Kept it a little awhile, realised it was a fossil & chucked it.
:o :laughing7:

only picked it up because it look worked, mine had deeper gaps between the layers (softer materal had worn away), looked kinda screw thread like
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom