What's new

Beautiful Day to Pull Silver.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It rained Tuesday evening through noon yesterday. Today is beautiful but windy. I thought it would be a great day to exploit the wet ground so I took this afternoon off and all day tomorrow so I can hunt a new permission. The lot is 186' x 165, the house was built in the 1890s I believe. Got through 1/3 of the property using the stock 11" DD coil. The main area I concentrated on today produced some clad and 4 wheats. I then wandered around for 30 minutes sampling the site. In the side yard I dug the remnants of a pocket watch. In front of the house on the way to the van I got 2 nice hits about 1 foot apart. The first plug produced the 1942-S quarter :icon_thumleft: and the other was a wheat penny. I am looking forward to getting back there for a 6 to 7 hr hunt tomorrow. There has to be older coins or more silvers. I hope to finish the 1st pass grid.

Notable coins

20151029_173503.webp

Today's digs

20151029_173426.webp

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.
 
Upvote 48
great start... your hunt tomorrow I hope is just as good....if not better
 
Nice going on the silver and the other finds. Looks like the yard has some more things hiding that have some age to them. Liking the two little keys as well.

No detecting today, anywhere around trees wasn't good today with the high winds, power outages, trees down on lots of roads.
 
What a way to spend the day. Sounds like a relaxing day off and another to follow. Congrats on the silver and can't wait for tomorrows haul
 
Nice hunt LD. Glad you got a little time off to support the habit and recharge your batteries. Days like that are good for the soil. Keeps me from hurting someone:D:D:D Good luck trm, I'll be watching.
 
HEY NICE FINDS .....
 
Wow Loco... Looks like a great place to slow down and hunt! Great finds for you!
 
Great start on that yard, those mini keys are cool. I can't find a silver quarter to save my soul. Good luck on the morrow!
 
Nice finds LD. You did much better than I did today with Whadifind, but it was a great day to be out.
 
Nicely done Loco-Digger, , Congrats on the silver.
Go slow and stay low. I'm heading out tomorrow to take advantage of the almost 2 inches of rain we got over the last 2 days.
The more iron you pull out of the ground, , the closer you will be to the silver. Good luck buddy.
 
Nice hunt. I don't find may quarters. Good luck tomorrow. Looking forward to see what else you find.
 
Go get em buddy, your doing great!
 
Hey you dog,I'm on my way to work, your getting ready to dig. Good luck. Check you out this evening
 
Awesome finds yesterday! Good luck today out there!
 
Custom Image.webp Awesome finds on a real nice day, to say I'm jealous of all of you is an understatement lol

Great digs!
 
Nice job on the silver quarter Loco. Good luck with the rest of the place.
 
Excellent start! Keep Swinging!!
 
Well done LD! I like that shiny quarter... shiny is my favorite color!

Best of luck to you my man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom