What's new

BEAUTIFUL GOLD POCKET WATCH AND A 1803 HALF CENT

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So met up with Carolina Tom and Smittyman at lunch time.
They caught a flight early this morning and landed in Philadelphia at 10am. I text them a address were to go. By 11am they were swinging. Lol.
I caught up with them by 12pm..
Great guys!!! ( for southern boys) lol.
Not 10min into hunt I get this awsome mid tone deep..
Thats when i pulled the watch out.
Man this this is beautifully if i say so myself. .lol.
Tom almost crapped himself. .
Then we all together hunting this area, and I get a nice deep high tone.
I get Tom to check it with his detector, then I get Smittyman to check it.
Anyway i dig down around 10inchs and the half cent comes out!!!!
I hand it to Smittyman and say what is it?? They dont know, they have never seen one before! !! Lol.
I get it back a wipe it and say OMG!!!
Its a freaking 1803 half cent..
Did not expect that at this place???
Well right after that i pack my detector up and say im out of here.
You boys go find the rest..
There still there..
Hope they find the same??
But im sure glad I got my!!! Lol.
Ps. This is a new spot, I found it just for them;-)
Thanks for looking, and I look forward to seeing what they find. Were meeting up for dinner later.
George
 
Upvote 28
When you texted me I barely glanced at the finds and didn't realize that's a half cent. Nice score. Looks like the 1803 half cent I found a little over a month ago! Lol.

Now the pocket watch is amazing. I've only found 2 guts and 3 bodies but never a whole. Any dating to that?

Congrats bud
 
The streak continues, fantastic gold pocket watch Vino. Congrats on a successful short hunt :thumbsup:

Thanks Jon.
It was nice talking to you the other day amd I wish you continued success.
George
 
Cool finds! Your on a great streak lately. Get a chance of opening the back yet?
 
Wow! What a beautiful watch. Unreal find Vino! Congrats
 
What a day of digging
 
Man you are on a hot streak- congrats!! Keep it going!

-- Jeff --
 
Awesome Vino awesome....:occasion14:
 
Cool finds! Your on a great streak lately. Get a chance of opening the back yet?

I did just now.
Its plated..oh well, i really like it though.
 

Attachments

  • 1433538363958.webp
    1433538363958.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 108
.....no body touch VINO, you'll get burned!

Awesome finds! Dug watch in that condition is crazy! Then there's there's the coin!
Congrats!

Do you ever dig just the mundane?
 
That is one killer looking pocket watch! The half cent Isn't to shabby either. By the way, cut us N.C. boys a little slack :laughing7:
 
Beautiful watch! Congrats!
 
That is one killer looking pocket watch! The half cent Isn't to shabby either. By the way, cut us N.C. boys a little slack :laughing7:

You NC boys are real Gentleman! !
They let me find some good stuff first..lol.
No really, they are great guys !!!
George
 
Real,filled or plated that watch is something else. Awesome find!!

Like that half cent too!! Hope the southern boys find some old copper of their own. How are they making out?
 
You NC boys are real Gentleman! !
They let me find some good stuff first..lol.
No really, they are great guys !!!
George

Yeah I hear Smittyman is a great guy. But I've meet Tom ....enough said there..lol
 
Yeah I hear Smittyman is a great guy. But I've meet Tom ....enough said there..lol

Tom had a great day today.
Smittyman knocked ot out of the box. Will post later.
 
That pocket watch is amazing, and the half cents certainly don't show up every day. Awesome finds. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom