What's new

Beautiful Halfpenny Token

Evolution

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
5,285
Reaction score
2,483
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a late start today and had to meet up with a couple hunting buddies that had already spent a couple hours in the woods looking for a foundation. They were unsuccessful finding that one but there was a foundation right where they entered the woods so I met them there. Dropped my coil to the ground and in less than two minutes I had a crisp 12-46 tone in my headphones. At about 5 inches deep this popped out of the ground. She's got a little jammy on her but it doesn't look fresh so I'm pretty sure I didn't do it. I love the deep green color.

DSCN1188.webp DSCN1189.webp

DSCN1196.webp DSCN1197.webp

Got permission on a foundation that's near an existing home a little later and a few more things popped up. Half of a Victorian era sash buckle, a three ringer, an ornate pocket watch cover piece, a harmonica reed and a toy farmall tractor that I'm actually thinking about restoring. If I could get the axles and wheels all it would take would be a coat of paint and she'd be good as new.

DSCN1194.webp DSCN1195.webp

DSCN1193.webp DSCN1192.webp

Thanks for looking. HH.

-Rob-
 
Upvote 38
Wow nice job it's in beautiful condition....
 
One thing about living in New England, so close to Canada we can find just about anything. I have several Canadian coins/tokens that I have dug over the years. I get just as excited over the Canadian Tokens as I do a USA Large Cent.
Great condition, great find!

VPR
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom