What's new

Beautiful IH cent, Button, Gopher, and maybe a gold ring?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
6,035
Reaction score
7,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this ring last week, was so busy didn't have time to post it, then got sidetracked by my buttons lol. Unfortunately I don't think it's real gold. There are no marks inside, but it doesn't stick to a magnet. I need to test it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464655683.641243.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464655712.738042.webp

Today I had a couple hours between work and taking the daughter to piano lessons, so I headed back to my button farm. I found a lot of junk, I'm digging everything. I think the button is just decorative, but the 1896 IH is really sharp.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464655826.983713.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464655857.299323.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464655876.759895.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464655894.553793.webp

A curious gopher was very interested in me today. He was looking at me from across the yard, so I called him, came a little closer, stood up, I'd call, he'd come closer. This happened until he was only a couple feet away, then he'd scurry back to the old car in the yard. We did this five or six times haha, it was fun.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464656020.395980.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464656059.309573.webp
 
Upvote 16
Hi; I believe the button is a Irish Naval Button from WW1. They were known to form their own Regiments at that time back to the Rev War ok.More so during the Civil War but yours is more Modern. Both are in GREAT shape. Button value: $15. Nice finds. PEACE:RONB

Seriously a WWI Irish navy button? How cool is that way out here on the prairies. Thanks for the information, I'm off to google now lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom