coinman123
Silver Member
- #1
Thread Owner
I made this purchase last week while on vacation. I paid twenty dollars for this beautiful love token, made from an 1873 seated dime in AU condition. The cool thing about this love token is that it includes an engraved date, initials, and is wearable with the original silver clasp. I also bought a beautiful coin silver 1780's silver spoon for $10, pretty much melt value. Very nice antique shop!




Very nice piece of history.
. Some people really want to know and when I say, "I don't know, I never really checked/they are worth more as history to me/they are too corroded to be worth much" They respond with, "Are you sure you don't know the ballpark of how much these items are worth, you could probably get a lot of money for some of them!" I even get people telling me what to do with them sometimes, such as the following quote, which actually as been said maybe even a few times to me, "You could probably clean them up in lemon juice or some acid to make them shiny, then sell them in an auction or antique shop for a lot of money!" It seems that money is always the most important thing to people, and a number can mean more than anything else.






