MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I strode through the store, I decided to swing buy the Coin Star machine and plucked out a 1944 wheat penny and a modern zinc penny. Not too shabby...

On the way out of the store I noticed a young lady dumping a pickle jar full of coins int the Coin Star machine. I made my move after she left. A fist full of coins in the reject tray! I stuffed my pocket full of coins and headed home. I washed and dried them thoroughly. What a strange haul! About $1.50 American clad and a combination of Canadian and European coins. The oldest was this 1943 silver Swiss Franc. It is my first silver of the year and also the best silver coin from a Coin Star machine. Thanks for looking! GL&HH! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1612762436.867058.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1612762454.506206.jpg

Upvote 32

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin!

OP
OP
MrBlueSkyNM

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coin. I get a lot of foreign ones but no silver yet.

I get a lot of foreign coins too. I like researching foreign coins. This is my first foreign silver coin. It’s a millimeter or so smaller than a US quarter. Weight is 5 grams. GL&HH

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice silver French coin find Mr. NM. :hello2:
Good eyes for spotting the lady with the jar full of coins... my first thought was, how many silver US coins did she dump into the machine as well?

Dave

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love when your at the checkout lane and see someone at the CoinStar. I make sure to be extra slow or look for movies at the RedBox machine for a little bit. Its not that often for me when someone is dumping coins while I'm there. Very nice coin Congrats!

OP
OP
MrBlueSkyNM

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love when your at the checkout lane and see someone at the CoinStar. I make sure to be extra slow or look for movies at the RedBox machine for a little bit. Its not that often for me when someone is dumping coins while I'm there. Very nice coin Congrats!

Thanks! Yes, gotta go 🥷 in public. [emoji23]🏴*☠️🏴*☠️🏴*☠️

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice silver French coin find Mr. NM. :hello2:
Good eyes for spotting the lady with the jar full of coins... my first thought was, how many silver US coins did she dump into the machine as well?

Dave
The coinstar machine would have rejected the US silver coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread