What's new

Beautiful, windless, sunny day....just had to get out there...got lucky again.

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunted from 11:30 - 1:30 in the windless, sunny , pleasant weather at a very old beach. :icon_sunny:

Ring was found in the first 30 minutes of the hunt...after that it was just clads and "sinkers".

Had to read this beach carefully....not many low spots; most areas at this beach are still sanded over.

Spied a slightly low-lying wet area ..looked pretty good, so I decided to make that the "theater of operation"

Ring was about 8" deep in muddy flats. I think it may be an antique ring...not sure. :dontknow:

Elite gave off a medium , strong sound.

Here's pics

If anyone can decipher the initials, please post...I can make out a "D", but that's about it.

Here's a bit of info that I was not aware of.... regarding signet rings .


Signet rings are rings worn by individuals bearing an initial, monogram, or other image to denote the identity and, long ago, the social or noble status of the wearer. Signet rings have a long and illustrious history and figure prominently in a great deal of well known artwork and literature. The earliest types of gold signet rings were found in the tombs of the ancient Egyptians, the same society that was first to fully incorporate wedding and engagement rings into their religious ceremonies and hold them as important social constructs.




Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 
Upvote 0
Very nice! Congrats! Looks like DS.....
 
DP with an swirl connecting. Great find, the beaches here aren't producing yet. Need tourist :tongue3:
 
Great find Lorraine. :icon_thumleft: It was a beautiful sunny day, but still a little cold for me :)
regards
Ed
 
Sweet ring!!! I got out this week end A scored a little baby's silver ring Chug
 
Beautiful Signet Ring. Super find.
 
Chug and Red said:
Sweet ring!!! I got out this week end A scored a little baby's silver ring Chug

Those baby rings are very nice finds. Congrats on finding it. :hello2:

Lorraine
 
Re: Beautiful, windless, sunny day....just had to get out there...got lucky agai

Nice, Great find!!!
 
I see D E S, i think, maybe,......I dont know. :dontknow:
 
I come up with D L T? Lovely finds! :headbang:
 
That's a beautiful signet gold ring
find Lorraine. Well done. Looks
like D E S to these old eyes.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Kinda looks like D&S to me :dontknow:
 
nice score.... its a D after that its anyones geuss.
 
:icon_thumright:

congrats on the great ring...and the beautiful day

hh herb
 
Man, I could of used one of those beautiful, windless, sunny days today.

Nice score! :icon_thumleft:
 
Really pretty Signet Ring, and 14K to boot. :hello2:

Found one similar to your in a old high school foot ball field back in the 80's. The ground was littered with pull tabs and I was just picking an occasional one to dig, and up popped a girls signet ring that was 22K. Only one like it I ever found. Made my day.

Keep up the good work and here's wishing you many more to come. Rick :coffee2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom