Beauty and the beast

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha! That's my daughter, Ellie, and her pop -- me, the beast -- at Baylor University last Friday, where she graduated with a BS in biology with a 3.5 GPA. She would have done better, but she also was a full-time NCAA athlete on the Baylor equestrian team. She's off the Iowa State this fall to begin a Ph.D. program in genetics. Old dad stays in Oregon, where he will get out and do some digging with the 705 and in a couple of weeks, a Sand Shark at the coast!

Bill-Ellie-1.jpg

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations proud papa, lovely daughter! I used to dream about wrestling for Iowa, great school. Good luck at the coast.

OP
OP
B

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks HZ. By the way, do you ever get down to the salt in Puget Sound or over on the coast? I would think the Ocean Shores area would be pretty good.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the place to go when I graduated Lincoln of Tacoma in 68. We Are much closer to Oregon beaches. We do go to longbeach and the mouth of the Columbia regularly. Finally have a tigershark and want to try it out In salt. Today I tried my Quattro out and dug up a nail first thing. So put it away. The TS doesn't find nails and is now is my favorite land detector. I kinda feel jipped buying into the minelabs hype. It finds stuff all right but while you are deciding to dig you could dig three things with the Tesoro and the only nails have been in a hole with a coin.

OP
OP
B

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HZ: I would have gone to Wilson and graduated in '71 if we hadn't left Fircrest in 1968. Small world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread