BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER AND THIS LINE OF TEXT WILL GO AWAY! Wink

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
vibes said:
OK...is there a pay option other than paypal? Hmm-mm-mm???

I've asked the same question MONTHS ago.

I've never used paypal for anything. I don't trust it. I read the terms and conditions. Just as well post your SS# and credit card no. together for everyone to see. If they can't find another way to accept payment then I will never be a charter member.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used paypal since 2000 and never had a single problem.

Mr Ripley

Jul 31, 2009
Western PA
Treasure_Hunter said:
I can understand people hanging around to see and learn what the site is about. I don't understand why those who have been here for a while do not contribute to the site. The amount of knowledge you can gain from here is immense.

I have been in the decision stage as far as a charter membership goes, I tend to read quite a lot of posts to get a feel for the membership and make my decision from there.

One thing that I have noticed is that the lack of a charter membership is pointed out often to non charter members, as in this thread right here. Seems to me that a great deal of the knowledge that TH mentions has been contributed by non-charter members. Some should be granted charter membership on posting merit alone. This site would not be half of what it is if not for these members, it is a two way street. The forum would stagnate without both memberships.

Just thought it needed said. JMHO :wink:

Mr R

Likely Guy

Mr Ripley said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
I can understand people hanging around to see and learn what the site is about. I don't understand why those who have been here for a while do not contribute to the site. The amount of knowledge you can gain from here is immense.

I have been in the decision stage as far as a charter membership goes, I tend to read quite a lot of posts to get a feel for the membership and make my decision from there.

One thing that I have noticed is that the lack of a charter membership is pointed out often to non charter members, as in this thread right here. Seems to me that a great deal of the knowledge that TH mentions has been contributed by non-charter members. Some should be granted charter membership on posting merit alone. This site would not be half of what it is if not for these members, it is a two way street. The forum would stagnate without both memberships.

Mr R

There, the truth be told.

This is a 'free' site where advertisements are sold. They, by and large, pay for our 'free' speech. Accepting that, we accept their advertisements.

I don't see a problem with that.

P.S.: As for the 'line of text'? I've never had a problem with that either.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likely Guy said:
Mr Ripley said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Mr R

This is a 'free' site where advertisements are sold. They, by and large, pay for our 'free' speech. Accepting that, we accept their advertisements.

We pay for Cable TV, and it receives support from the stations it broadcasts, we pay for newspapers which is supported by advertisements, we pay for magazines dedicated to our various hobbies and or interests that are supported by advertisements.

We pay to help suppost the things we like, 6 cents a day isn't a lot to donate is all I'm saying....

Likely Guy

Treasure_Hunter said:
Likely Guy said:
Mr Ripley said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Mr R

We pay for Cable TV, and it receives support from the stations it broadcasts, we pay for newspapers which is supported by advertisements, we pay for magazines dedicated to our various hobbies and or interests that are supported by advertisements.

We pay to help suppost the things we like, 6 cents a day isn't a lot to donate is all I'm saying....

If it was a 'charity'... it wouldn't be enough, is all I'm saying.

Just added: Hey TH, Don't get me wrong, support what you want, pay for what you get. But do not bemoan those of us who choose not become a charter member (and I know you don't) :coffee2:.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likely Guy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Likely Guy said:
Mr Ripley said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Mr R

If it was a 'charity'... it wouldn't be enough, is all I'm saying.

Just added: Hey TH, Don't get me wrong, support what you want, pay for what you get. But do not bemoan those of us who choose not become a charter member (and I know you don't) :coffee2:.

:icon_thumright: ...all is cool likely, I'm not critizing anyone, just saying charter is only 6 cents a day is all....................

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
TN is not a charity. It's a business that provides a service. They collect revenues from advertising and membership. For a paid membership you obtain enhanced services. This pays other business's for things such as web hosting, graphics design, bandwidth and such.

I feel like I am helping to support this site with my 5.5 cents a day. I would like the site to stay alive. I have been on similar websites before and everyone wanted it to stay free. Subsequently the owner simply could not afford the loss and turned it off.

I don't want to see this forum go away, so I pay.

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I don't EXPECT charity--- BUT--- I do wonder why so many females get free memberships and I don't?

Never mind, I know the answer to that question.

S

stefen

SOLUTION TO REMOVE OR HIDE; "BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER AND THIS LINE OF TEXT WILL GO AWAY"

Asked my secretary to help and she used white-out :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
SOLUTION TO REMOVE OR HIDE; "BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER AND THIS LINE OF TEXT WILL GO AWAY"

:laughing9:

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Treasure_Hunter said:
stefen said:

She has a free membership to T-net, doesn't she?!

:-\ I just knew it.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
vibes said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
stefen said:

It probably has some correlation to low cut dresses and pony tails. (non-scientific survey)

S

stefen

G.I.B. said:
vibes said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
stefen said:

It probably has some correlation to low cut dresses and pony tails. (non-scientific survey)

She had a case of dandruf and wanted some advice. I asked if she was familiar with Head & Shoulders and got this partial answer :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions