What's new

"BEE SOAP" button .. Can anybody identify? (Fincks Red Bar overall button)

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,352
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
"BEE SOAP" button .. Can anybody identify? (Finck's Red Bar overall button)

Brass with steel back and wire shank. 19.3 mm

I posted this earlier in response to welsbury's post, "Odd Button" which was posted on Feb 10, 2010.
Wolverine saw it and suggested to me that the bee might be a McCormick logo for their Bee Brand products, specifically bee brand insecticide soap.
However, I have not been able to find information on this possibility.

It has also been suggested that it is a work clothes button, but it doesn't seem to be listed in Adam's & Alberts's book on work clothing buttons.

Any Ideas?



(PS: Thanks for your message Wolverine)
 

Attachments

  • bee.webp
    bee.webp
    101.2 KB · Views: 873
  • bee.webp
    bee.webp
    101.2 KB · Views: 587
Re: "BEE SOAP" button .. Can anybody identify?

I found this in Google Books - unfortunately this is one where they only let you see bits of the book. But it seems to indicate that there was a "Bee Soap" button from Finck's Red Bar overalls-

30vj6v7.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: "BEE SOAP" button .. Can anybody identify?

Bramblefind said:
I found this in Google Books - unfortunately this is one where they only let you see bits of the book. But it seems to indicate that there was a "Bee Soap" button from Finck's Red Bar overalls-



30vj6v7.jpg



That's good enough for me! Thanks .. I couldn't find anything on it! I appreciate the info!
 
Upvote 0
Re: "BEE SOAP" button .. Can anybody identify? (Finck's Red Bar overall button)

Colgate company made "Bee Soap" in the 1890's and after the turn of the century. I'm still trying to find out some more information. I'll let you know if I find anything on it.

Wolverine.
 
Upvote 0
Re: "BEE SOAP" button .. Can anybody identify? (Finck's Red Bar overall button)

$45? :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: "BEE SOAP" button .. Can anybody identify? (Finck's Red Bar overall button)

Here is my latest acquisition to add to the mystery.
 

Attachments

  • beesoappin.webp
    beesoappin.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0
Re: "BEE SOAP" button .. Can anybody identify? (Finck's Red Bar overall button)

A Bee pin? Man, that must have been some soap!
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • button bee soap.webp
    button bee soap.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 983
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom