Tarponhuntr

Feb 24, 2013
Western , NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been a cold dreary week so far. But we did manage to get out today for a bit before old man winter reminded us that it 'aint over yet.

Nothin' much to report , but Monday I did score a very nice old brass water hose nozzle , and today I found a wasted ladies watch and a few small modern coins.

Kinda proud of the nozzle , as it is the first target that I never had to question it's position. She screamed and never faltered on her position , and I dug her from about 5 inches.

It'll probably be a day or two til I get the pics up , and hopefully by then I'll have some goodies to add.

The wifey and I plan to hit a local park that dates back to 1792 , and was the very beginning of our city over the weekend. That is going to be a sweet hunt , as there is next to no public traffic in the park , and I believe we are going to be one of the very few to have ever taken a detector to it !!!!!

History says that it originally just started out as a water source along a trail. Then around the turn of the 20th century it was turned into a local park , and then in 1920 a public pool was put in. In 1950 the pool was closed , and the park allowed to go unattended until the 1980's. Then around 1980 , it was just cleaned and turned into an arboretum. So we have HIGH hopes ! Lotsa goodies !

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread