What's new

Been down this road before but... UPDATE|!!!-ALL BIG DOLLARS!!!!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went another bank today and they promised me they could get me a bag of BIG dollars. They weren't sure how many they had but they were ones that did not fit into their machine and were turned in by customers. Tellers says she has seen them?! Manager confirmed that they could be ordered (we'll see) Well they are suppossed to be in on thursday.

I'll keep y'all updated.

PD
 
Upvote 0
Re: Been down this road before but...

Good luck. Hope its a bag full of Peace and Morgan dollars!
 
Re: Been down this road before but...

Yes, keep us posted. I'm very interested, and I have my fingers crossed!
 
Re: Been down this road before but...

Well like I said before....

Same road different bank!
 
Re: Been down this road before but...

Hold your breath!!!! they just called. They have $500.00. I bet they are halves.
 
Re: Been down this road before but... UPDATE|!!!

Tag! Good luck!
 
Re: Been down this road before but... UPDATE|!!!

Mabey that $500 could be full of Morgans and Peace :laughing9:
 
Re: Been down this road before but... UPDATE|!!!

All IKES oh well. So bad. There were 501 in the bag. 2 were "s" and I got a new canvas bag. I call that a win!
 
...$500, $1,000?
Just got 10 from my local bank and was all kinds of jazzed, oh well...

Oops, typed too soon - $501 is awesome, I would love to stumble on that - still have some holes in my album...
 
Re: Been down this road before but... UPDATE|!!!

Piercesdad said:
All IKES oh well. So bad. There were 501 in the bag. 2 were "s" and I got a new canvas bag. I call that a win!

Congrats,

Make sure you check for 1973-D too. Were the "s" 40% or just regular clad proofs?

HH,
65GT350
 
Re: Been down this road before but... UPDATE|!!!

Piercesdad said:
All IKES oh well. So bad. There were 501 in the bag. 2 were "s" and I got a new canvas bag. I call that a win!

Nicely done there PD,

There are a few things you'll want to look for:

  • Any "S" mints. They came in 40% silver (Business strike and Proof) as well as CuNi.
    '73P or '73D. They were the lowest minted Ikes; and not intended for general circulation.
    '77P. It was the lowest minted Ike intended for general circulation.


http://www.coinfacts.com/silver_dollars/eisenhower_dollars/eisenhower_dollars.html

Again, kudos.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom