Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so since my last post, some weird stuff has happened but some great stuff too. first. I got a signal for dime. I dug the plug and then searched the hole with my pinpointer. still in the hole, so i dug more out. 1965 dime. Nothing big. It was 4 inches down, but what weird, when I ran the detector over plug, there was something there. 2 inches in the plug a 1964 dime. Odd that the older silver dime was two inches above the clad dime.
i
a few days later, and this is where it gets a little weirder.

get a dime signal again. 1853 with arrows. My luck sucks, it couldnt be the non arrows 1853 variety. Anyway, this is nice, this is my third seated dime ever. I have never found a seated dime ever, and three this year now. Run the detector over the area. Dime signal. Check the hole and out pops another seated dime. 1876 this time. Now I got four seated dimes this year/lifetime. Run the detector over the area and now I am getting a quarter. Seated Quarter, right? Dig a little more and its a 1976 Bicentennial quarter. A 1976 Quarter in the same hole as two seated dimes!

Upvote 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so since my last post, some weird stuff has happened but some great stuff too. first. I got a signal for dime. I dug the plug and then searched the hole with my pinpointer. still in the hole, so i dug more out. 1965 dime. Nothing big. It was 4 inches down, but what weird, when I ran the detector over plug, there was something there. 2 inches in the plug a 1964 dime. Odd that the older silver dime was two inches above the clad dime.
i
a few days later, and this is where it gets a little weirder.

get a dime signal again. 1853 with arrows. My luck sucks, it couldnt be the non arrows 1853 variety. Anyway, this is nice, this is my third seated dime ever. I have never found a seated dime ever, and three this year now. Run the detector over the area. Dime signal. Check the hole and out pops another seated dime. 1876 this time. Now I got four seated dimes this year/lifetime. Run the detector over the area and now I am getting a quarter. Seated Quarter, right? Dig a little more and its a 1976 Bicentennial quarter. A 1976 Quarter in the same hole as two seated dimes!
Over 15 years of detecting in California and I have zero seated dimes so you're doing well compared to me with those lol. Good finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread