Beers on me

DialTForTreasure

Jan 7, 2013
Beer's on me

So I went to an area that's hit pretty hard, but for good reason. Used to have up to 200,000 people a year go through to listen to the likes of William Jennings Bryan, and Teddy Roosevelt. Anyway, I didn't expect to find too much, and didn't have a lot of time to spend hunting at any rate.

However, I did manage to pull up this old beer can. Now, most people would say that's just trash, and normally, I'd agree with em.
But, a couple things make it stand out as "special" trash. One, is that the beer company closed back in 84. Two, it was in pretty darn good shape. After cleaning it off at home, I did find one tiny little puncture in it, but as it was caked in mud to find it, I'm pretty sure it wasn't from me. Aside from that, the can was completely unopened. I could even hear a little sloshing inside it after pulling it from the ground.

From the style of tab, I'm guessing late 70's. But at about 4 inches down, caked in mud, hardly compressed at all, unopened, and still holding original colors? Well, to a beer can collector it might be worth a few pennies. But to me, it's just a cool piece of junk. I do admit a little disappointment though that it had a bar code on it.

This particular beer company (after doing a bit of research) Olympia Beer, went out of business in 1984, and was bought out but closed back down in 2004.

beer.jpg

Upvote 0

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
They started up again. I drink oly time to time.

jekyll23

Mar 18, 2013
Downey, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pulled 2 Oly cans out of the ground last week. Neither is in as good as shape as that one,..........Nice Find. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread