Before and After

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its en busy year and not much hunting for artifacts. I had a job in the Seattle area and stopped by a friends ranch in Montana to do a little looking. and came up with a few finds. Finished up in Seattle and headed back to Colorado. There is a site that I found Ten years ago and got chased out of by a thunderstorm. So I decided to go back and check it out. A small site but for a days worth of looking I came up with some metal points and some stone as well. along with a bracelet and two knives.
DSCN2395.JPG DSCN2454.JPG DSCN2449.JPG DSCN2448.JPG DSCN2439.JPG DSCN2437.JPG DSCN2453.JPG DSCN2434.JPG

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds! Love the bead insitu, wonder what that is/was in the next to last pic. May be a small site but looks like it has been lived on for quite some time.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awesome! Are the bracelets copper? I have metal detected with a guy who has found metal points and bracelets and even rings at a site here in Montana. I have yet to find anything like those, though I know they are here.....

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool finds!

OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are awesome! Are the bracelets copper? I have metal detected with a guy who has found metal points and bracelets and even rings at a site here in Montana. I have yet to find anything like those, though I know they are here.....

Bracelet is brass. But the most common metal is Iron in those campsites. Here is a few pics of the campsite.
DSCN2440.JPG DSCN2441.JPG DSCN2442.JPG DSCN2450.JPG

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really neat finds! :icon_thumleft: So far I have found only one metal trade point so far here in Montana. I have always debated in taking my detector when I am hunting for artifacts.

OP
OP
C

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are some really neat finds! :icon_thumleft: So far I have found only one metal trade point so far here in Montana. I have always debated in taking my detector when I am hunting for artifacts.

For me it depends on the hunt. What I have found is that both work well together. When I am metal detecting I find that I slow down which gives me a better chance to scan the ground. The detector is just swinging and I listen for the buzz. When I first started I would look at the ant hills for trade beads before I would break out the detector. Then one day I thought I stood a better chance of finding the metal than finding the beads. Also when finding stone points the chances of finding metal is possible for it to be multi occupation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread