Beginner highbanker question about pump selection

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got this highbanker without a pump on a craigslist deal and was wondering if I could get this pump
http://www.redlionproducts.com/engine-drive/5rlag-2-aluminum-water-transfer-pump/
To work for it... Pump rating is 150 GPM so it seemed a little high to me.

Is there anyway to tone down the pump/ divert some water flow.

Also the pump outlet is 2" and the highbanker has a .5" input to it... What kind of contraption would I need to make to make this all come together?
Here is a pic of the highbanker. It's roughly 6" wide.

image-4230528398.jpg

image-3484020616.jpg

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha Sacramento Craigslist? it was on there for a while. 150 gpm is the full throttle rating with no head pressure. It would allow you to run at an idle or slightly above. One tank of gas would run for a long time. You would have the option of running a bigger box later. I actually want a bigger pump for that reason. My highbanker is bigger than yours and I'm running around 45gpm. My pump has to be throttled up though. I would prefer to run 55 gpm on a pump that was running at half throttle or lees if possible. I don't know what gpm your sluice will need achieve optimum recovery.

OP
OP
Brehmdig

Brehmdig

Mar 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha Sacramento Craigslist? it was on there for a while. 150 gpm is the full throttle rating with no head pressure. It would allow you to run at an idle or slightly above. One tank of gas would run for a long time. You would have the option of running a bigger box later. I actually want a bigger pump for that reason. My highbanker is bigger than yours and I'm running around 45gpm. My pump has to be throttled up though. I would prefer to run 55 gpm on a pump that was running at half throttle or lees if possible. I don't know what gpm your sluice will need achieve optimum recovery.

Haha yea, I had a homemade highbanker that did decent so I figured I would grab a better looking one.
If you're going out anytime soon let me know! I'm always looking for tips/tricks.

So trying out with the current setup is the way to go huh?
Any suggestions on the 2"-.5" input would be greatly appreciated... I played with the Legos(PVC) in lowes tonight but couldn't get anything that seemed like it would workout.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha Sacramento Craigslist? it was on there for a while. 150 gpm is the full throttle rating with no head pressure. It would allow you to run at an idle or slightly above. One tank of gas would run for a long time. You would have the option of running a bigger box later. I actually want a bigger pump for that reason. My highbanker is bigger than yours and I'm running around 45gpm. My pump has to be throttled up though. I would prefer to run 55 gpm on a pump that was running at half throttle or lees if possible. I don't know what gpm your sluice will need achieve optimum recovery. You would probably be fine with a pump around 80 gpm you could throttle down . Most likely gonna be in the 1.5 inch range as far as output. There are neat little Hondas that run 90 gpm but they are pricey.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got your P.M....I have no Idea why that double posted:dontknow:. Busy weekend I will be in touch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions