What's new

Beginner Refining Help

BBM610

Jr. Member
Joined
May 24, 2017
Messages
41
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.

Not a lot of support on my choice of leaching gold ore with AP.

No problem.

I got a lot of brown and tan precipitate from sodium metabisulfite.

My technique needs work.

Though, I dried it and tried to smelt it with borax.

The first try it oxidized black and I did not see any full melting.

A friend suggested 90% denatured alcohol/10% borax to smelt.

I have not tried a third time because I used 25% of the precipitate without much success.

I am sending it for assay and the refiner can melt it and buy it.

I am unsure why I got pure gold powder as precipitate and do not see melted metal.

The color looks pure..

Just the first try.

Any comments for a newbie?

Thanks.
 
Pics tomorrow.

I will post pics of the precipitate tomorrow.
 
Pics. 20170627_103723.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom