What's new

Beginners Luck!

tjware

Greenie
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Boynton Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Beginner's Luck!

I hit the beach for the 4th time since getting my Garrett GTI 2500, hunted the waterline (after many many adjustments) and got a good hit. I kept working the spot with my hand, trying to find whatever has in there (don't have a sand scoop yet) and the waves were coming over and back, washing all of the sand back into the hole. I had a headlight on and as a wave swept back out I saw the glimmer of a gold ring!! I reached down and grabbed it before the next wave came in.

It is a small gold ring with an emerald in the center and a small round diamond on each side. I feel blessed because this is after 5 or 6 hours of hunting TOTAL since I began detecting and I know many of you guys have worked the ground for a while before even getting anything worth something.

I am really hooked now!! Can't wait to get back out there!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2476.webp
    IMG_2476.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 803
  • IMG_2472.webp
    IMG_2472.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0
Re: Beginner's Luck!

The edge of the surf tends to be the most unstable spot for any detector. It has to do with the sand being moved around. Once you get out deeper your machine will stable out, but I know you cant do that.
 
Re: Beginner's Luck!

great find! congrats!!!!!!!!! dont hunt in the water until you get a waterproof machine! one little slip,wave or drop and your detector will be toast!!!!!!!!! find a few rings in the wet and dry to pay for a scoop then a waterproof machine. in the meantime, enjoy what you have.
 
Re: Beginner's Luck!

Ok, thanks guys. I guess that I could try to sell the Garrett and get a Excal, I will look into that.
 
Re: Beginner's Luck!

tjware said:
Ok, thanks guys. I guess that I could try to sell the Garrett and get a Excal, I will look into that.
Excellant idea, congrats on a great first find! :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom