What's new

Beginners Luck!

sneak

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Messages
263
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Last Tuesday I picked up 19 rolls of halves while I was at the bank and found 0 keepers. This past Monday I stopped at another branch and got 38 rolls and got skunked again. Today I stopped at another bank and got 20 rolls (all they had) and then went to another branch and got 20 more rolls. After I left the 2nd bank I noticed that the rolls were all machined wrapped and all were 1998-D unc. rolls so I didn't bother opening those. Tonight I start going through the first 20 rolls (hand wrapped) and hit pay dirt! 5 of the rolls had silver and 2 rolls were solid silver! I ended up finding 5 Walkers, 15 Franklins, 8 '64's, and 22 40%. ;D ;D Out of 20 rolls I found 50 keepers! I am pumped! Not bad for a newbie huh? I think I am hooked on CRH!
 
Upvote 0
It takes some persistance at times but once you hit paydirt you hooked.
 
Yep! Sounds like you're definitely hooked! With those results, who wouldn't be?

Welcome to the club of those who never have any folding money!!!
 
Nice score!
Any pictures?
 
Thanks guys! The 5 Walkers are a 1936-S, 1937, 1942-D, 1944, and a 1945. The 36-S is black and bent a little. The other coins are all in pretty good shape. I got 40 more rolls this morning and didn't find any keepers. I think they had already been searched as 38 of the rolls were marked.


coinpic4.jpg
 
mountainman 2 said:
Great start sneak.Any chance of a 1955 in those Bens, it's a key date.

Thanks! There was no 1955 but out of 15 Bens I got 12 different date/mintmarks.
 
Way to go!!!! That is what we all like to get is a bunch of silver.
Best Regards, Ray
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom